Please God, Let This Be In Fifth Dawn

I

Istanbul

Vanisher (5)
Artifact
Vanisher is indestructible.
T: Remove all indestructible artifacts from the game.

M

Mefta16

Click here to find out for self.

The card should go more like this

Vanisher, 5, Artifact
Vanisher is indestructable. (Lethal damage and "Destroy" effects don't destroy it.)
T: Remove all artifacts that are indestructable from the game.

Why make Vanisher indestructable if is going to get removed from the game when you use the effect?

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

It sounds like something they would do. They're probably going to make it substandard via some dumb restriction and/or making a ridiculous amount of cards that outshine it.

M

mythosx

It definetly is something they would do. If you look back they had similar things that hosed specific blocks like Legends, Ice age, or Arabian nights. They might limit indestructable to Mirrodin block and just use this to hose the block. Might never be any other indestructables after this. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe I need to put on pants. Whatever.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But they haven't done it in a long time, I think the last was Homelands. So I think there was a general shift away from expansion-hosing cards (perhaps Mark even said something like that at one point?)

But if Indestructible ends up just being the the Mirrodin block anyway, it's pretty much the same thing, under the guise of "mechanic specific".

N

Notepad

The whole indestructible thing looks like it goes along with the Darksteel storyline, in only objects made fromt his darksteel material are indestructible. So, its likely we won't see anything indestructible after Mirrodin block for a long long time (at which time they'll re-use the ability on a few cards to make it seem cool that they're reprinting it)