Playmakers!!!...

T

train

Anyone else get to see the debut last night?!!!...

And even though they gave the "all characters and events are fictional and any similarities to actual individuals..." statement, there were a lot of similarities you could find all throughout the movie...

What'd you guys/gals think - if you saw it...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Is this that "reality NFL football" show? I didn't see it but just read about it in the newspaper... not really interesting to me though.

T

train

I'm not sure if that's the one...

If it helps you distinguish it was on ESPN... I cna see how it would be described as the reality NFL show...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Can't find where I thought I read about it... it wasn't in the paper I just read and the online news I read updated their page... if it comes up again, I'll mention it :)

J

Jigglypuff

I was going to watch it, just to see what it was like, but I forgot. :( Oh well...

(- Steve -)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I finally found the article on it - it says it's more like a drama ala CSI or the various cop shows, just focusing on the NFL... but alas, still not a real interest in it :)

T

train

Okay - I've got to admit, that if this is a real inside look at the NFL and procedures that players take to beat the system it is going to get a lot of people in trouble...

Injecting yourself with another's clean urine so you pass a drug test?...

Also - some of the psychological issues that are viewed make it interesting to watch the reactions of NFL teams - like the jets last night when a player got hurt..

It's good - evenif an ESPN promotion...

;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Naw, I read more about it and it's not the "real NFL", more like a drama show ala CSI or Nip and Tuck where it's fiction.

T

train

Well I knew the show was fiction... but as for the ideas in it... those seem pretty possible...

Of course - CSI may be more drama - but the technology they implement is all reality...

As for Nip/Tuck - those people are messed up - in the head...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you said "real inside look" so I wasn't sure if you thought what I said before about a "reality NFL show" was true or not.

T

train

Just to bring it back up, and because it has been so good...

If any of you are NFLers like I am - this is the show to watch every Tuesday night...

and to help you get into it - they show the previous week's episode just before the new one...

I'll say 1 thing - the player about to be suspended seems a lot like Emmitt smith...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
On Tuesdays we tend to watch the ABC shows like Less Than Perfect, if we do manage to watch TV...

T

train

Though I am still working on this...

I could suggest "taping it" if you were interested in seeing an episode just once...:D :cool:

T

train

Another great episode...

And the next one hits the "Gay in the NFL" topic pretty hard... And they seemed to provide a lot of good views on it...

is anyone out there watching this besides me?...