Phyrexian Wrath

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
This is my current Type 2 deck. I'll probably be using it in a tourney tomorrow, so if you have any suggestions LMK.

Phyrexian Wrath

4 Phyrexian Processor
4 Counterspell
4 Miscalculation
2 Treachery
4 Wrath of God
4 Spirit Link
3 Power Sink
4 Exile
2 Disenchant
1 Powder Keg
1 Fountain of Youth
1 Enlightened Tutor
4 Adarkar Wastes
4 Faerie Conclave
4 Forbidding Watchtower
7 Plains
7 Island

SB: 2 Disenchant
SB: 2 Story Circle
SB: 2 Rune of Protection: Black
SB: 2 Rune of Protection: Green
SB: 2 Hibernation
SB: 2 Douse
SB: 3 Chill

I'm thinking I need to move some Scours into the sideboard, in case I run into Replenish, and maybe even a Quash or 2. I also need a replacement spell for the Exiles if I'm playing against a Rebel deck, but I can't seem to think of anything. More Powder Kegs would do the trick, I'd imagine, but I've only got the one. Thoughts?

G

Griffith_se

Replacement for Exile. Powder Kegs would be best. How about... Caltrops? Yeah, I think Caltrops would work against Weenie Hordes. Excise Maybe?

Also, how about Rethink (2U Counterspell) instead of miscalculation? Foil is also good. I don't play in tourny's are Prophecy cards T2 yet?

[Edited by Griffith_se on June 16th, 2000 at 09:04 AM]

A

Apollo

No, Prophecy isn't legal yet. July 1st, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong, someone).

As for the rebels, many have two or more toughness, so Caltrops wouldn't help a great deal. The Wrath's are very good against them, but I don't know what to bring in for the Exiles. Arrest, maybe, as it shuts down Lin Sivvi.

Apollo

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't make it to the card shop tonight after all, though I do plan on trying again in 2 weeks. The place where I play allows newer expansions in their store tourneys from the date of their release, so the Prophecy stuff would be OK. I'm currently leaning toward Arrest, due to the Lin Sivvi thing, though I do like Excise. I may end up adding a Wave or 2 as well, though that might make the deck a bit too fat.

I like Rethink, but to be honest, my problems with this deck seem to come from weenie decks that can get my life total down below 10 before I can stabilize the situation, so when I get a Processor out finally I can't make it as big as I'd like. Miscalculation is a turn quicker, and the cycling ability helps out later on too. Foil wouldn't really work for me because I need all the land I can get my hands on with this deck.

Thanks again! :D