Pecked to death

G

Griffith_se

Hi,

This is a goofy trick deck. I was thinking of entering this in the contest, but I thought I'd put it here first, and see what kind of response it gets.

The idea; get out Thieving Magpie, enchant with Hermetic Study , and Apathy. On your upkeep, Discard a card, untap Magpie, tap Magpie deal 1 damage to opponent, draw a card. Repeat until you peck your opponent to death.

Counterspells for defence. Card drawing to get your combo.

When you have enough land, thin your deck with Mana Serverence.

Be carefull, you can deck yourself real easy.

Peck you to death
4 Thieving Magpie
4 Hermetic Study
4 Apathy

4 Acumulated Knowledge
3 Brain Storm
4 Soothsaying
4 Counterspell
4 Mana Leak
3 Forbid
4 Mana Serverence

22 Island

What do you think? Kind of goofy huh?

[me][/me]

I

Istanbul

You can't discard more than one card per turn to Apathy to untap the creature multiple times.

G

galtwish

The combo can also work with Brass Man/Horseshoe Crab, Fire Whip/Hermetic Study, Earthcraft, and Vernal Bloom/Mana Flare/Wild Growth variants or with the first two slots plus Curiosity and Mind over Matter. But Suq'Ata Firewalker, Curiosity, and Mind over Matter is much more efficient. Ugly, ain't it. They tried not to repeat this nonsense in T2.

Erik

G

Griffith_se

Istanbul,

Are you sure? Can You give a more detailed explaination?

Thanks
[me][/me]

[Edited by Griffith_se on May 9th, 2000 at 12:50 PM]

D

Dune Echo

TAG GUARD

It's true. The rewording of upkeep abilities makes Apathy, Brass Man, and Paralyze triggered abilities that trigger once per turn: at the beginning of your upkeep. Welcome to the wonderful world of 6th edition.

G

Griffith_se

OK, back to the drawing board. The deck wasn't very good anyway. I'll find a use for Mana severence someday.

[me][/me]

[Edited by Griffith_se on May 9th, 2000 at 01:47 PM]

D

Duel

Thank god half my school doesn't know that. It's fun to use Apathy in a deck as a replacement for MOM...