Oversoul
The Tentacled One
Definitely my most memorable prerelease ever since Mu Yanling, Skydancer kept sneaking to the top of my library and took me to an undefeated run back in 2019. This one didn't go undefeated in games, but did go undefeated in matches, securing me a Top 8 spot in a pretty short event where I think I had one of the best decks at the store. But the star of the show was Ajani.
This set uses special collation, so that different versions of the same character appear together in booster packs. If those cards take a mythic rare slot, then it's automatically a double-mythic pack. One such character is Ajani, with the planeswalker cards Ajani Resolute and Ajani Unrelenting. Both are bombs in Limited formats, and when I opened the pair in my first pack as I began cracking the packs in my prerelease kit, I mentally filed this away as useful information. A couple of packs later, I pulled a second instance of the same pair, this one with the special extended art treatment. From that point, my deck pretty much built itself...
2 Ajani Resolute
2 Ajani Unyielding
2 Awaken the Inferno
1 Hexhaven Battalion
1 Fateshaper Apprentice
1 Blossom-Blessed Angel
1 Shatterwing Pegasus
1 Generous Revival
1 Memory Trap
1 Wrath of the Bloodmane
1 Murmuring Volume
1 Mabel, Valley Hero
1 Samut, Hazoret's Champion
1 Tomik, Orzhov Lawmage
1 Surgical Precision
1 Skilled Battlecarver
1 Tomik Izzet Sparkmage
1 Blessed Ghoul
1 Emergency Phytomedic
1 Stingerquill Voxmancer
9 Plains
8 Mountain
This set uses special collation, so that different versions of the same character appear together in booster packs. If those cards take a mythic rare slot, then it's automatically a double-mythic pack. One such character is Ajani, with the planeswalker cards Ajani Resolute and Ajani Unrelenting. Both are bombs in Limited formats, and when I opened the pair in my first pack as I began cracking the packs in my prerelease kit, I mentally filed this away as useful information. A couple of packs later, I pulled a second instance of the same pair, this one with the special extended art treatment. From that point, my deck pretty much built itself...
2 Ajani Resolute
2 Ajani Unyielding
2 Awaken the Inferno
1 Hexhaven Battalion
1 Fateshaper Apprentice
1 Blossom-Blessed Angel
1 Shatterwing Pegasus
1 Generous Revival
1 Memory Trap
1 Wrath of the Bloodmane
1 Murmuring Volume
1 Mabel, Valley Hero
1 Samut, Hazoret's Champion
1 Tomik, Orzhov Lawmage
1 Surgical Precision
1 Skilled Battlecarver
1 Tomik Izzet Sparkmage
1 Blessed Ghoul
1 Emergency Phytomedic
1 Stingerquill Voxmancer
9 Plains
8 Mountain