Oversoul is the Archenemy

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So in that one Commander game, I decided to play with the actual, physical deck rather than using Magic Workstation or whatever. This backfired because moving meant I packed everything up, and all the chaos from that delayed the game. So I'm doubling down on the idea of using real decks for online games, because learning from my past mistakes just wouldn't feel right. Of course, I will need some decks for this endeavor, as well as opponents. Well, since I now have all of the "scheme" cards, the next logical step is to challenge all comers to Archenemy!

My plan is to start with the original Archenemy preconstructed decks. There are four of them. I've never actually piloted any of them, so this is at least as new to me as it is to any of you. Hopefully, this can become an ongoing thing, and I'll make my own custom Archenemy theme decks, selecting the scheme cards that best fit my themes. The overall power level and consistency of the precons seems rather low, with and I'll try to stick to that unless I'm losing by too much too often, in which case I'll scale up the power of my decks to actually make things challenging, but hopefully still not oppressive.

I understand that some people here like to play games on the forum but can't be bothered to make decks. That's fine. You don't have to. Just steal a decklist from someone else. You're on the internet, you know, and there are a lot of decklists on the internet. You could even use precons yourself, especially now that event decks and clash packs are well-established and actually not half-bad to play. Do whatever you want. The idea is to have fun and to team up to defeat me!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Alright, that's two. I think that three is sort of the default, although you could go with two if you're brave...

R

rokapoke

So it looks like this is a 3-on-1 game if I join, right? With a pre-constructed deck? What's not to like -- I'm in.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yep! We all get to beat up on Oversoul... I'm actually not familiar with this format, will have to look it up...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So it looks like this is a 3-on-1 game if I join, right? With a pre-constructed deck? What's not to like -- I'm in.
To be clear, you don't have to use a preconstructed deck. I'm opening this up to any deck and testing the waters myself with the original preconstructed decks released for this format in 2010. They're not strong by precon standards, as my strength comes from having access to a scheme deck and from starting at 40 life. My hope is to later make my own decks and scheme decks for this, but starting with the originals makes sense and gives me a chance to gauge the power level of what's going on here, something I swear I've gotten better at since the tribal games...

Yep! We all get to beat up on Oversoul... I'm actually not familiar with this format, will have to look it up...
Well, you all take your turn at the same time like in Two-Headed Giant, which we've done here before, although I forget exactly how we handled it. Beyond that...
  • I start at 40 life and each of you starts at 20 life. Neener neener neener.
  • I always go first, of course.
  • I get a scheme deck with 20 scheme cards in it. At the beginning of my first main phase on each of my turns, I reveal the top card of that deck and set the scheme into motion, so it does something that hopefully helps me. The scheme deck has its own particular rules found in the Comprehensive Rules under section 904.
Here we go, starting a game thread...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wait, we all take our turn at the same time? So we coordinate attacks and spell casting and stuff? See, I have to go look this up...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Wait, we all take our turn at the same time? So we coordinate attacks and spell casting and stuff? See, I have to go look this up...
I'm sure we did Two-Headed Giant here at some point, but I forget how. Maybe just private messages?