Oh.. .this needs a subject...

M

manchot_13

we all know that although magic is based on somesort of reality it doesn't really make a lot of sense... i.e. a crab picks up a book and suddenly urza is absolutely terrified...

However, there are several instances where there is some supreme sorce of reason behind a few cards. What is your favorite such card?

To give you an idea of what i'm talking about, my favorite is Goblin Rock Sled. They slide down the mountain, and then they can't attack again the next turn because they are climbing back up to the top of the mountain... (how many of you actually figured this out?)

Ok, so what are your favorites?

H

Hetemti

Whirling Dervish.

There Dervishes...and they Whril! Wheeeeee.....

D

Duel

Wave of Reckoning
Okay, so everybody gets what they deserve, no? Look at which avatar lives: Avatar of hope, the pure one.

Look at the good creatures that survive it:
Lin Sivvi
Cho-manno
Blinding Angel
Jhovall queen

All the really good/holy ones!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Presumably, in the illustration of Recycle, Gerrard is eating old books that Squee made into soup... am I right? Oh well, despite that, my favorite is Keldon Battlewagon. Despite the tricks like repeatedly untapping a Morphling or something, a giant wagon with a hundred squirrels on it attacking with the power of the hundred squirrels makes sense in a nonsensical sort of way... maybe you know what I mean. In case you don't, oh well.

H

Hawaiian mage

Chaos Orb and Falling Star. I just love these cards!

Z

Zadok001

I think this is more a matter of creating excuses for why a card is called what it is called. If Goblin Rock Sled were named something completely different, we'd have an excuse for why it has that ability as well. Possibly a _better_ excuse. (What if it had a different name and a picture of a bunch of guys with injuries? Obviously, after attacking, they have to spend a turn licking their wounds before they can go back again! See my point?)

Ignoring that fact, though... I have to say Two-Headed Dragon has some pretty cool real-life effects. Each head can jump in front of a creature, and if you don't stop both heads, then the other one can go past!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Avatar of Will isn't killed by Wave of Reckoning.

D

Duel

yeah yeah yeah. Niether is Abyssal specter. Picky picky picky.....