Obviously the best idea...

H

HOUTS

Obviously you need a live chat room.

And a seperate forum thread called "HOUTS HATES YOU!" in which people can come in and get berated by me.

-HHOOUUTTSS

O

orgg

We have a live chatroom. We also use to link to the Dojo's chatroom, but that closed down long ago.

I believe we first met in said chatroom. And the second was online during the MOL Beta where you taunted me with accounts titled "Spiderman," "Ferret," and "Dune Echo," as well as the one that garnered the most scorn from myself-- "theorgg." And "the orgg." (among others' user names whom were active in the CPA at that time) when I messaged your account named "Timmyling."

I wonder where my distaste comes from?

H

HOUTS

Nope, never knew CPA had a live chatroom. WHere is it? How come I don't see the icon?
And "No", I never spoke with you, nor taunted you on a chatroom.
But, whatever.

Your distaste comes from ignorance. You believe what you want, sir.

*shrug*

H

HOUTS

LOL! I figured it out. Funny I overlooked my own crummy windows codex.
Over these X years I've been here, I've never seen the "Chat" rooms load and missing two other application loads. All because I hate Window's 98-Xp upgrades....
Heh.
Well, I checked out the "Chat room" and it isn't bad. I wonder why noone uses it as oposed to the forums (which I find more tedious).
Interesting...

HOUTS

N

Nightstalkers

Harder for people to get together at the same time than it is to post a message for everyone to pick up whenever.

H

HOUTS

I still want my own room: "HOUTS HATES YOU"
Don't worry, I'll keep it 'friendly'.
;)

*puts it into suggestion box*

-HOUTS

Z

Zigathon

HOUTS, I sure hope you realize that nobody in their right mind would willingly subject themselves to such an intelligent form of torture. You're better off randomly dropping into threads and dispensing your particular brand of "hate."

About the chatroom... I think its ingenious, but nobody uses it. Perhaps a thread should get made to organize events. Like weekend evening bull**** sessions.

*Waits patiently for a scathing reply from HOUTS* ;)

D

DarthFerret

and if we are on, we are too busy posting and replying, reading articles and such to go to a chat room.

Z

Zigathon

So, does the chatroom run in a windowed mode, or just on one page of the site?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it opens up a new web browser window. I can't run it because I'm behind a work firewall, but you can just click and see...

Z

Zigathon

I probably will. After I make a pot of tea.
Perhaps its also not in use because people have forgotten about it?

Z

Zigathon

*begins a campaign to remind people, complete with flyers, buttons, and broken promises*

T

train

I think the above campaign promise never saw daylight...

much like a true campaign issue huh?...

I must say, i tried the chatroom once for gaming purposes, and I think it was with Ransac, or nightstalkers or someone... and I just couldnt' get it to work for firewall reasons either...

N

Nightstalkers

I'm here almost every day... Yet... it seems like nobody is on at the same time... Sure I pop in just as Train, Ransac, or Spidey are on... but usually not long enough to log into a chatroom.

But hey, do whatever you gys are doin'... Probably try somethin' more jazzy like what old RomeoBlu has kept from his old sites on Gothopia.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I haven't been in the chat room in a while. If I need to talk to any of you guys in IM format, I have a good bit of you guys in my AIM/YIM buddylists.

However, I must admit, I find myself at a loss of what to talk about when I chat with most of you. I don't act all "crazy" on IM, and I'm not that up-to-date with Magic to be able to keep up a decent conversation.

But, I do like peanut butter!

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

DarthFerret

hmm....the only IM I use is MSN and I almost never turn it on. I guess I would if I knew someone wanted to chat with me, but... that does not occur very often.