New here

P

playstation60

Hello,

Thought I would stop by an introduce myself real quick. I've been playing Magic casually for several years now. Never partook in a tourny beyond that held by friends, and never intended. At 24 years of age I don't think I would fit in at most tournies populated by young teens. LOL, that and I don't want to taint the fun I garner from the game.

A little about myself. I'm 24, live in WI. Got married about 14 months ago, taught the wife how to play Magic close to two years ago (wow, how time flies!). I've got a collection in the range of 5-10,000 cards, with plans of getting many many more. Slivers are my favorite creature type. I have a pretty powerful Sliver deck amongst the dozen or so I have kept together. The best deck I ever played with was a life giver a friend of mine built when I was first learning how to play. At the end of the game I had 25k worth of life, and hit my opponent with (2) Serra Avatars. So yeah, needless to say he was dead.

So that's me....

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Welcome, welcome......
Post a deck, comment on one already posted, join a game in our games run by forum or whatever, but have fun and post, post , post.........

BTW - not all MTG tourney's are full of teenagers, most of them have a wide range of ages.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome!

Interesting name there... It almost sounds like a spam name, no offense... I would have thought you would have chosen a more "Magic name", or one without a number :)

L

Limited

Hiya,

Its nice to meet a fellow tournee-avoidee :D. Casual playing is where it is!

Errr..

Kudos for teaching the misses Magic. How did you pull it off?

P

playstation60

Teaching her wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. She ended up asking me to teach her, partly because I spent so much time playing it with friends. She took to it easily. She's better than a fair player, most of the time. I built her a real good blue Wizard deck.

My SN has a history behind it. I stick with this name for almost everything. It's easier to remember one name than a dozen different ones, so yeah. Simplicity at it's best. I suppose I can explain the story behind the name, eventually.

O

orgg

Have you taken a look at the local tournament scene?

It is very possible that the age range is much higher than you'd expect-- At one tournament, WotC asked the T.O. to survey the ages of the players-- One person fell into the 15-17 range at 17, and everyone else was in the 18+ group; I'm on the lower range of ages at the local place, and I'm the same age as you.