Need some seroius help on how to approach this...

• Thread starter FoundationOfRancor
  • Start date
L

Lythand

Well it looks like the young lady has spoken for herself. Welcome to the CPA message boards. I personaly hope you enjoy the game and I hope our suggestions, as I am sure you have read the, will help you to learn the game.

Once again. Welcom!

G

galtwish

Send her the Starter kit (if she can't find it) It's like $13 with S&H, so I think you can afford it. After that, send her a box of extra cards. It doesn't have to be big, and it should cost around $4 for the small card box and the shipping. Send a step by step guide like this to her:

Untap phase
Untap

Draw phase
Upkeep
Draw
-you can play instants and activate abilities of cards in play at this point

Main Phase
-You can play sorceries, instants, summons, enchantments, artifacts and activate abilities abilities both before and after you attack. You may also lay one land before or after you attack.

Attack Phase
Declare attackers
Declare blockers
Put combat damage on the stack
Apply combat damage
Bury any dead creatures
End combat phase
-you may pay instants and activate abilites at any time

Main Phase (again)

Clean Up Phase
Discard down to 7 cards in hand
-you may play instants and activate abilities

End Turn

All the little rules loopholes and strategy of decktypes can be saved for later. If you include a couple of premade decks, type up a sheet of basic information for her to read, like the ones that come with the preconstructed decks. Here are a couple of cheap decks to build to send her

4 Goblin Patrol
4 Kris Mage
4 Mogg Toadies
4 Goblin Raider
2 Goblin War Buggy
4 Wild Colos
4 Hulking Ogre
4 Seal of Fire
4 Shock
2 Parch
4 Arc Lightning
20 Mountian

4 Seal of Removal
4 Wall of Glare
4 Miscalculation
4 Counterspell
4 Snap
2 Cho-Manno's Blessing
4 Accumulated Knowledge
4 Horned Turtle
4 Task Force
3 Stinging Barrier
2 Vigilant Drake
8 Plains
13 Islands

4 Wild Dogs
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Pouncing Jaguar
4 Acridian
4 Spinless Thug
3 Undertaker
2 Blanchwood Treefolk
4 Vendetta
2 Snuff Out
2 Pestilence
2 Symbiosis
2 Spidersilk Armor
11 Forest
12 Swamp

Just for a start. These decks should easily cost less than $5 each, even if you don't have any of the cards.

Good luck,
Erik

G

Gumby Khan

Sorry, Almindhra, I didn't want to suggest everyone lives in NYC. I just misread the original post. Also, welcome to destiny231, hope we can be of assistance. Galtwish, those are excellent starter decks and if someone needs help building them, please let me know. Our commons bin is overflowing and it sure would be a waste to chuck these good cards. I still think personal tutoring is best, but if that is impossible, then I think the Starter kit would be my next pick. Talking and internet should augment that kit, though. Well, that's my 2 cents. :)

L

Lythand

Here is another thing you can do Destiny 231,
Get mIRC or pIRCh. These ar internet relay chat programs. With these you can go into chat rooms and talk about different subjects. My sugestion is to downlaod it if you dont already have it, find a magic chat room (#mtg on New Net) and if you have any questions, go there and they will always be willing to help.

A

arhar

If she lives in NYC, tell her to come to

"Tranquil Domain" in Brooklyn on Nostrand Ave. and Ave. S

on weekends. The best store ever. And they have a free learn magic with free cards program on Sunday