Need help with balance.

D

Darth Dunk

I have a few cards that I need help with to try and get balanced. Either they're too broken or just not good enough, I'm struggling with these few:

As they stand:

1. Deliverance - XXW
Instant
Play only during combat.
For each untapped white creature you control that you tap in addition to deliverance's casting cost, Deliverance costs 2 less to play.
Put X 3/3 white angel creature tokens into play. They have flying and 'whenever this creature deals combat damage you gain that much life'. Remove them from the game at end of turn.

In short it's just too damn powerful. Removing the 'tap creatures to cheapen it' makes it too expensive, and changing the things it makes is hurting the intention of the card.

2. Necrosensure - BB
Sorcery
Set any number of cards from the top of your library aside, face-down. Then reveal those cards. Lose life equal to the total converted mana costs of those cards, then lose half your life, rounded up. Put those cards into your hand afterwards.

Basically, this was far too powerful before I added the 'lose half your life' clause, but it's now too harsh for the caster. Changing the casting cost is not really appropriate because I want it to cost BB.

3. Echoing Wall
Legendary Land
T: Add 1 to your mana pool.
2,T: Draw a card, then discard a card.

I don't know if this is unfair or not, I personally think it's about right for an OK card, but I'm told it's broken. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The only thing I might venture a guess on is #3.

Anytime something draws a card, it has to be looked at. I don't know why others might have thought it would be broken but maybe to fix it you could:

1. drop the first mana ability (just make it draw cards)
2. for the second ability, add "lose 1 life" or something.

or a combination of the two.

G

Goku

I'd say for Deliverance, making it so that tapping a creature with the casting cost makes it 1 less to play, instead of 2. That might tame it a bit.