Mundungu (the card not the member)

M

Mikeymike

Mundungu, Visions Uncommon
1BU, 1/1
{Tap}: Counter target spell unless its controller pays {1} and 1 life. [Oracle 99/07/01]

I love this card. Relatively inexpesive, strong ability, cool artwork. He makes Tim look like a wee lit'le schoolgirl. I like him so much I'd like to build a deck he could thrive in.

A few ideas I had:
A non-infinite loop Alluren deck with Pack Hunts, Survival and other pests (falls into 'very annoying' category)
B/U/R recursion deck, featuring Corpse Dance (for the Haste) and Goblin Bombardment
B/U/R disruption deck of some sort w/ burn, counters, discard and a few fatties.
Squee's Toy, Pinger deck of some sort.

He's in a deck now (the Warped Devotion deck I have in the deck section) but he's coming out b/c he gets targeted just for being in the deck.

Any ideas, combs, suggestions?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Mana denial? So B/U/W for MoR to protect him from targetting and Armageddon to blow up lands?

B/U/R for LD and/or Manabarbs (and maybe the enchantment that gives haste)?

B/U/G for LD and Concordant Crossroads, non-land mana, and Winter Orb?

M

Mundungu

Yes the poor Mundungu is like the upcoming Flagbearers ..

I almost never got to get one active, being bolted, sworded, bounced, whatever it takes, before the "summoning sickness" would be over :(

It should have had haste to be truly good :)

F

Firestorm

Dense Foliage? Off colr but Daze might also work as well as a Gush, Foil combo to protect.