multiplayer R/G: Firestorm

K

krichaiushii

Yet another deck of mine that does either very well or is quickly destroyed in a multiplayer game (about 60% success rate, even against those who know the deck), and dies horribly in a duel.

Firestorm:

Creatures:
4 Vine Trellis

Spells:
4 Fog
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Shock
3 Firestorm
3 Sudden Impact
3 Storm Seeker
3 Burgeoning

Artifacts:
4 Howling Mine
4 Horn of Greed
4 Iron Maiden (or Viseling)

Land:
7 Forest
5 Mountain
4 Taiga
3 Undiscovered Paradise
3 Ghost Town

The trick is Burgeoning/Ghost Town/Horn of Greed to draw cards, and kill with Firestorms/Storm Seekers/Sudden Impacts. Spontaneous Generation would work, but I broke down the deck before I could get any. Prosperity might work as well, but is a third color.

Opinions are welcome. Thanks.

G

galtwish

You can also use the new "4 of a kind" critters from Masques Block:
Skyshroud (Elf of some sort)
Howling Wolf
Nesting Wurm
and
Pack Hunt for Squee
to power your Firestorms
Bulwark might also be good in this deck, if you can get CoP:Red down on your side (incase anything gets deflected back at you as well)

I'd also consider Blood Oath over Sudden Impact. If you're going to use red damage, might as well go for the throat!

Cool idea!

Erik

D

Duel

okay, just a point to be made: ghost town might work with groundskeeper/seismic assault for a 2 mana=2 damage match. I like those odds.

M

Mikeymike

This deck is very cool, and original as hell. You'll have all these cards in your hand, have you thought about Maro or Multani. With all that critter removal they should be able bust through. Run Viseling instead of the Iron Maiden, for the extra 1 mana you get a 2/2 blocker (which with a Bolt can take out a 5/5).

An important note, with the lack of creature defense (esp. against flyers) I would think about using Hurricane, Squallmonger and/or Inferno.