Multiplayer League--Anyone know about one?

M

Mikeymike

There has been talk for awhile now that some type of multiplayer league (Pro or non-Pro, either way) was in the works. I was wondering if:

1) Anyone had any knowledge of such an animal and how one would go about joining up.

2) If it does exist or is in "R+D", what play variants are they planning on?

3) Would anyone help me in supporting such a task if its not in the works. >>>

Basically this would consist of rallying the DCI and/or Wizards to run side "Multiplayer Mayhem" side tournaments at PTQ's and other sanctioned events. Everyone has been mentioning that they feel the CPA is losing direction and veering off its mission. This could help bring us back together. Like when theorgg was collecting questions for the Rosewater interview.

We could come up with our own Banned/Restricted list, minimum deck sizes, etc. etc.

Whaddya say?

A

arhar

I am a huge fan of multiplayer, as everyone may know by now ;)

My opinion is we really shouldn't try to promote multiplayer tournaments or side events for one simple reason: imho, it defies the principle of multiplayer: fun. Multiplayer is a casual thing, as opposed to tournaments. They should not be together.

M

Mikeymike

Arhar, you know you have that broken multiplayer combo you're dying to show off, here is your chancej. Help Magic reach the millions (tempting, eh?) who are dying for something different.

You don't think a multiplayer tourney would be fun? I'd have a blast, and I bet my team mate would too. Honestly, the "casual" (I hate that term b/c I think playing more than once a week buries it) players would get a kick out of it.

I'm in the NY-Tristate area, if I heard they were having a 2-3 player contest of some sort going on I'd be all over it. I don't go to PTQ's, but that would sure drag me to one.

If you heard they were having a team competition in your neck of the woods, you wouldn't attend it?

It doesn't shadow the concept, it just helps to bring a greater population to the limelight where it belongs.

"Vive la resistance"

(I apologize for any mispellings I might have made in the last post, I just came from a stag party and you have to bear with me, thanks! {subquote, Kelly I want you to run away into the sunset with me} end subquote)

:eek: Exactly!