mtgnews message boards; not my cup of tea anymore.

D

DÛke

See, Zadoc prooves it. My flames are nothing like the ones else where. You guys are lucky :)
Istanbul is IN HERE!? I think I missed his member name than because I don't recall seeing it. That's funny.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
DUke:
Spiderman, I don't know you, but you don't know me too.
I don't create fights and I'm not a flamer. let's not jump into conclusions and be enemeys. Let's just try to get to know each other, maybe there's a chance for friendship, but please, don't ever reject me because of what you heard, because that might be not ture. Thanks.
You're right, I don't know you BUT I've known Yellowjacket a little longer and all I was responding to was that bad behavior on THESE boards would not be tolerated, unlike MTGNews from what it sounded like. It wasn't against the persona DUke; so far from what I've seen you're not half-bad :). All I was saying was that we monitor such behavior a bit more stringently here, that's all.

Y

Y The Alien

Have you seen the card commenting system? For every intelligent comment, there's 5 "Random Scrubs" who says either "This card bites", "This card rules", or something bizzare and perverted. Plus, I've got like 3 people posing as me over there, or maybe it's one with schizophrenia :D. But anyway, it's nice for getting REAL information about cards, but nothing I'd like to keep commenting on. Though I may hover around still :).

R

Rando

I personaly plan on making a name at both places. MTGnews was the first Magic message site I ever hung around in. CPA the 2nd. I like both, but mostly at MTGnews I just run my RPG board and check the Lobby stuff every once in a while. I've given up on the Class in Session deck critique board over there all together. The people here are much more helpful. And the rumors are a joke. But, just becase there are (more then a ) few idiots over there (Including myself on occasion), I'm not going to abandon it. No reason to burn too many bridges, and there are some people over there that you can't really talk to otherwise. At some point, the people over there will become more of a community again, other then the collection of careless strangers it is now.

But, I do plan on making my self a little more known around here...

D

Django

MtG:News was the first place I started posting in too. I still enjoy cruising it with my cursor, but I tend to avoid the Class in Session (deck questions) and all that other gibberish. The rumor section is, as Rando said, a joke. Last time I checked in someone had posted an Invasion spoiler.. but it was just a complete (!) Exodus spoiler. Idiocy at its worst.
The best part of MtG:News is the Storyboard. Rando's Rpg over there kicks arse and the story you can participate in gives you something to do at work.
I find this place (CPA) to be much more laid back and relaxed. I mean, people here doesn't take the posts from others so darn serious. Call someone a butthole (in the more playful meaning) and they call you a butthole back. And that's that. Just like I talk to my friends.. and family ;)

D

DÛke

Yep, the RPG is the only reason I go to MTGnews. I will still go there, to see what's going on, maybe flame someone at random :) or something :)

I think this place is good because you could put ':)' everywhere so the reader woudn't get offended, or it could be because of Ed, the GOD :), or it could be because....I don't know. It's either the ':)" or 'GOD', maybe both, but I'll have to do my calcualtions for that :)

Overall, I like this place a lot, it has some of the more important people I know, unlike what is in MTGnews. There like only 3-5 people left their that I like, and whish that in the future, could come to this place. Don't WORRY, they are all nice people, and don't have "flamer's blood" :)

T

theorgg

DUke, why don't you INVITE them?

that's why Chaos Turtle is here.

and that's what psycammer was known for before you gave him his own word.

D

DÛke

I will invite them, today, and see what they say about it.
Speaking of Psycammer, where is he? (or one of his clones)? :)

D

Duel

Well, I think that if we can trasfer every good person from every board here, everyone's a winner.

"Now if we only could get Wakefield..."

P

Purple_jester

I personally didn't think that Duke's criticisms over at MTGnews were so bad. If anything, he's just as opinionated as most of us, though he maybe just a little more vocal about it. Maybe he's just responding to the heavier atmosphere over there. I know he's a nice guy.

As for MTGnews, I'll still go there, if only to help keep the peace. Threads can get really tangled over there (did you guys read "The Final Conclusion to the Long Misunderstanding"). But I agree regarding the Deck forum. Too many people giving advice that isn't really advice. I sneak a deck in there once in a while just to see the responses and to have a good laugh. Mostly, I stick to the Lobby.

D

Django

The Lobby rules. And that thread 'The Final Conclusion to the Long Misunderstanding' was hilarious. I like it when a discussion gets a bit heavy.. let's you sense who the people you are talking to really are.