MTGNews is again down for the count.

N

Notepad

It doesn't look like the MTGNews forums are gonna pop, because there are six people intersted in taking them over, according to the MTGNews front page. So, all those brats are gonna stay where they are for the time being.

However, the loss of the front page will cause the forums to begin to fade in popularity and usefulness (unless the new forum operator creates some sort of new focal point as a front page) and at that point the little brats will look to all the other possible sites to visit.

So, it shouldn't be so bad. We might face a straggler here and there, but certainly not a flood. The death of their forums will be a trickle, not an exodus. ;)

O

orgg

Originally posted by SeFRo
The death of their forums will be a trickle, not an exodus. ;)
Kinda like the more recent theories of Atlantis, huh?

N

Notepad

There was an Atlantis??? :eek:

Lemme guess, right next to the mythical city of Chicago, right? :rolleyes:

Whaddaya take me for, a n00b?

M

Mefta16

I'm sad to see MTGnews.com go. I liked the site but the articles usually had over 100 complaints on them making them look more like a big forum/flame-war.:rolleyes:

I really liked the "Ultimate Spoiler Generator." It was one the best places to look up Magic cards I could find.:(

N

Notepad

How right you are about the articles there. It was also annoying how long of an editing process they had on articles before posting them, which is why they appeared so infrequently.

As for looking up cards, I like using MTGO for that. Makes searching a snap because I can use if offline for research on articles.

Still, very sad to see the news site itself go. I always read MTGnews for the latest info whenever I could.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Quoted by Mastershake:

{MTG News, the home of stupid traders, bad decks, idioc newbies, and abusive mods...}

Hmm, well I think that should be errata'd to state this:

MTG News, the home of stupid traders, bad decks, idiotic newbies, abusive mods, trash man, wanna-be wrestlers, and supermice.

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

Reverend Love

what's mtgnews and how to I watch it? I can't find it on any channels.... :(

N

Notepad

I wouldn't be surprised if about 50% of MTGNews' own forum surfers would post such a question seriously. ;)