Mirrodin Draft Match (Mikeymike vs Spidey)

M

Mikeymike

On EOT, tap the Mender (won't forget this time)

Untap
Draw (you're not going to like this)
Tree,Tal,I, cast Deconstruct on the Pentavus
Pass...

Mikeymike 20

- Mana: Tree of Tales (T), 2x Forest (U,U), 2x Island, (T, U), 2x Mountain (U,U), T-Dom (T)
- Permanents:
Pyrite Spellbomb ({R},Sacrifice ~this~: ~this~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player. ; {1},Sacrifice ~this~: Draw a card.)
Bonesplitter (Equip 1: +2/+0)
(U) Icy Manipulator ({1},{Tap}: Tap target artifact, creature, or land.)
---
(U) Tel-Jilad Archers (2/4, Protection from Artifacts. ; ~this~ may block as though it had flying.)
(U) Ogre Leadfoot (3/3. ; Whenever ~this~ becomes blocked by an artifact creature, destroy that creature.)
(U) Arc-Slogger (4/5 {R},Remove the top ten cards of your library from the game: ~this~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player.)
(U) Looming Hoverguard (3/3, Flying. ; When ~this~ comes into play, put target artifact on top of its owner's library.)
- Graveyard: Predator's Strike, Goblin Replica
- RFG: Annul, Wizard Replica, Forest, Clockwork Condor, Mountain, Tel-Jilad Exile, Island, Aether Spellbomb, Forest, Forest
- Cards in Hand: 1

Spidey: 8

-Mana: Plainsx2 (T, T), Mtx5 (T, T, T, T, T), Ancient Den (U)
-Permanents:
(U) Atog (1/2, sac an artifact: +2/+2 EOT)
(U) Skyhunter Patrol (2/3, flying, first strike)
(T) Loxodon Mender (3/3; W, T: regen target artifact)
(U) Hematite Golem (1/4; 1R: +1/+0 EOT)
(U) Pentavus (5/5; 5 +1/+1 ctrs; 1, remove a ctr: put a +1/+1 Pentavite artifact creature with flying into play; 1, sac a Pentavite: put a +1/+1 ctr on Pentavus) (to GY?)

-Graveyard: Krark-Clan Grunt, Slith Ascendant, Bottle Gnomes, Slagwurm Armor
-RFG:
-Cards in Hand: 2

M

Mikeymike

GGG in my pool, I'll move the Bonesplitter around 3 times until it lands on the Tel-Jilad Archers..

M, cast Electrostatic Bolt on the Hematite Golem
pass...

M

Mikeymike

F, use Icy to tap Atog
Attack w/ (if you have responses just LMK)
Archers 4/4
Ogre 3/3
Hoverguard 3/3 flyer
Slogger 4/5

pass

Mikeymike 20

- Mana: Tree of Tales (T), 2x Forest (U,U), 2x Island, (T, U), 2x Mountain (U,U), T-Dom (T)
- Permanents:
Pyrite Spellbomb ({R},Sacrifice ~this~: ~this~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player. ; {1},Sacrifice ~this~: Draw a card.)
Bonesplitter (Equip 1: +2/+0)
(U) Icy Manipulator ({1},{Tap}: Tap target artifact, creature, or land.)
---
(T) Tel-Jilad Archers (2/4, Protection from Artifacts. ; ~this~ may block as though it had flying.)
(T) Ogre Leadfoot (3/3. ; Whenever ~this~ becomes blocked by an artifact creature, destroy that creature.)
(T) Arc-Slogger (4/5 {R},Remove the top ten cards of your library from the game: ~this~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player.)
(T) Looming Hoverguard (3/3, Flying. ; When ~this~ comes into play, put target artifact on top of its owner's library.)
- Graveyard: Predator's Strike, Goblin Replica, Deconstruct, Electrostatic Bolt
- RFG: Annul, Wizard Replica, Forest, Clockwork Condor, Mountain, Tel-Jilad Exile, Island, Aether Spellbomb, Forest, Forest
- Cards in Hand: 0

Spidey: 8

-Mana: Plainsx2 (T, T), Mtx5 (T, T, T, T, T), Ancient Den (U)
-Permanents:
(T) Atog (1/2, sac an artifact: +2/+2 EOT)
(U) Skyhunter Patrol (2/3, flying, first strike)
(T) Loxodon Mender (3/3; W, T: regen target artifact)

-Graveyard: Krark-Clan Grunt, Slith Ascendant, Bottle Gnomes, Slagwurm Armor, Hematite Golem, Pentavus
-RFG:
-Cards in Hand: 2

I

Istanbul

Stupid question here...

How can Bonesplitter be equipped on the Tel-Jilad Archers, if they have protection from Artifacts?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
'Cause I wasn't paying attention 'cause I knew I was on the losing end?

Actually it's not a dumb question, a guy in my playgroup tried to do pretty much the same thing (except equip somebody who already had Lightning Greaves on him).

Oh well, even if he put it on one of the 3/3 guys, I still would have taken 9 points of damage.

T

train

Did you tell the player in your group how to un-greave the creature, bone it, and then greave it again?...

"That..."

"Sounded..."

"odd..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Why would I do that? He was going to attack me with it... :)

Actually, I don't think it was Greaves but that other untargetability one... Whisper-something Cloak? And he didn't have a lot of mana available to do all that equipping and unequipping.

T

train

I'd show players because the only way for games to get better/more intense - is for someone to learn manipulation of the rules... or play strategy...

I really do believe it is not all about winning - seeing ideas click in other's heads is always something neat to see...

"But keep it casual..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
We usually share ideas after the game... like when I suggested Goblin Bombardment for his Firecat Blitz deck... and then once he got some, he used them to deal 18-20 points to someonce (cast it, flashblacked, attacked, sacced to the Bombardment). Ouch.

M

Mikeymike

Whoops, sorry about that Spidey. I'm not used to playing with pro-artifact creatures. Actually, I don't know if I ever have before.