Mindmaster Onslaught: Spidey vs Limited

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

Attack with the Murkdiver and Aven. Responses/blocks?

Limited: 8
Hand: 3
Play:

(TT) 2x Plains
(TU) 2x Island
(TT) 2x Swamp
(TT) 2x Mountain
(UU) 2x Forest

(T) Grassland Crusader (2/4) [T: Target Elf or Soldier gets +2/+2 until end of turn]
(T) Daru Cavalier (2/2) [First Strike]
(S) Doubtless One (2/2) [Spiritlink. As big as the number of Clerics in play]
(S) Ghosthelm Courier (2/1) [2U,T: As long as Ghosthelm Courier remains tapped, target Wizard gets +2/+2 and can't be the target of spells or abilities]

Graveyard: Chain of Smog, Elvish Pioneer, Elvish Guidance, Dragon Roost, Sparksmith, Goblin Sky Raider, Wirewood Elf, Haunted Cadaver.

Spiderman 9
Hand 6
Play

(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Swamp x2

(T) Anurid Murkdiver (4/3, swampwalk)
(T) Ascending Aven (3/2, flying, ~ can only block creatures with flying)
(U) Insect token (1/1)
(U) Insect token (1/1)

Graveyard: Aphetto Alchemist, Spy Network, Starlit Sanctum, Akroma's Vengeance, Snarling Undorak, Treespring Lorian, Symbiotic Elf

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You probably logged off at the same time, so my posts were considered old by the time you next logged in.

Tap W to Piety Charm my Aven, giving him +2/+2. Responses? Dmg on stack? Dmg resolves? Game? :D

L

Limited

Tap UG to cast Mage's Guile: the Aven can't be the target of spells or abilities until end of turn.

I take 7 damage?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Argg! Yep, you take 7.

Face-down dude, Disruptive Pitmage, Done.

Limited: 1
Hand: 2
Play:

(TT) 2x Plains
(TT) 2x Island
(TT) 2x Swamp
(TT) 2x Mountain
(TU) 2x Forest

(T) Grassland Crusader (2/4) [T: Target Elf or Soldier gets +2/+2 until end of turn]
(S) Doubtless One (2/2) [Spiritlink. As big as the number of Clerics in play]
(S) Ghosthelm Courier (2/1) [2U,T: As long as Ghosthelm Courier remains tapped, target Wizard gets +2/+2 and can't be the target of spells or abilities]

Graveyard: Chain of Smog, Elvish Pioneer, Elvish Guidance, Dragon Roost, Sparksmith, Goblin Sky Raider, Wirewood Elf, Haunted Cadaver, Mage's Guile

Spiderman 9
Hand 5
Play

(T,U) Plains x2
(T,T,U) Island x3
(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T) Swamp x2

(U) Insect token (1/1)
(U) Insect token (1/1)
(S) Face-down dude (2/2)
(S) Disruptive Pitmage (1/1, T: Counter Target spell unless its controller pays 1)

Graveyard: Aphetto Alchemist, Spy Network, Starlit Sanctum, Akroma's Vengeance, Snarling Undorak, Treespring Lorian, Symbiotic Elf, Piety Charm
RFG:

L

Limited

Untap, Upkeep

Cast Wave of Indifference on all your creatures. They can't block.

Attack with everything.

Blocks? Responses?

Hand: 1
Play:

(UT) 2x Plains
(TT) 2x Island
(TT) 2x Swamp
(TT) 2x Mountain
(UU) 2x Forest

(T) Doubtless One (2/2) [Spiritlink. As big as the number of Clerics in play]
(T) Ghosthelm Courier (2/1) [2U,T: As long as Ghosthelm Courier remains tapped, target Wizard gets +2/+2 and can't be the target of spells or abilities]

Graveyard: Chain of Smog, Elvish Pioneer, Elvish Guidance, Dragon Roost, Sparksmith, Goblin Sky Raider, Wirewood Elf, Haunted Cadaver, Mage's Guile, Wave of Indifference

Spiderman 9
Hand 5
Play

(T,U) Plains x2
(T,T,U) Island x3
(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T) Swamp x2

(U) Insect token (1/1)
(U) Insect token (1/1)
(S) Face-down dude (2/2)
(S) Disruptive Pitmage (1/1, T: Counter Target spell unless its controller pays 1)

Graveyard: Aphetto Alchemist, Spy Network, Starlit Sanctum, Akroma's Vengeance, Snarling Undorak, Treespring Lorian, Symbiotic Elf, Piety Charm
RFG:

L

Limited

Nope.

Damage on the stack? Resolves?

You go to one and I am done.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So... was that just a last ditch effort to give me a scare or do you have something else up your sleeve?

Untap, upkeep, attack with the Murkdiver and Aven, game?

Hand: 1
Play:

(UT) 2x Plains
(TT) 2x Island
(TT) 2x Swamp
(TT) 2x Mountain
(UU) 2x Forest

(T) Doubtless One (2/2) [Spiritlink. As big as the number of Clerics in play]
(T) Ghosthelm Courier (2/1) [2U,T: As long as Ghosthelm Courier remains tapped, target Wizard gets +2/+2 and can't be the target of spells or abilities]

Graveyard: Chain of Smog, Elvish Pioneer, Elvish Guidance, Dragon Roost, Sparksmith, Goblin Sky Raider, Wirewood Elf, Haunted Cadaver, Mage's Guile, Wave of Indifference

Spiderman 9
Hand 5
Play

(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Swamp x2

(U) Insect token (1/1)
(U) Insect token (1/1)
(U) Face-down dude (2/2)
(U) Disruptive Pitmage (1/1, T: Counter Target spell unless its controller pays 1)

RFG:

L

Limited

Yeah game. Just wanted to show how close I came to winning.

When you just played the Murkdiver, I should have attacked with the Grassland Crusader.. would you have let it through unblocked? Or would you have risked losing the Murkdiver to some trick?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good game!

Since if it was just one-on-one combat and the Murkdiver would win, I probably would have let it through unblocked thinking you had a trick and since the Murkdiver deals more damage to you.

What was your last card?

Mine were:

Screaming Seahawk
Crown of Ascension
Shaleskin Bruiser

(I forgot to subtract 2 from my hand when I played the two guys my last turn)

and my face-down dude was Haunted Cadaver.

I should have played the Crown on one of my Insect tokens and gone for the win without the Piety Charm, but I guess it worked out :)

Onto Legions?