Mindmaster Journey Into Nyx: Spidey vs Mooseman

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Holy.... I should have kept my counter.

So I can use Monstrous, right? And it's every creature with 5 or less toughness being affected by the Scourge? I'll make my Leucrocota Monstrous (pay Festive Forest and UUUM). I know you're tapped out but just want to be sure I can do it before doing more :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hold up, still responding to Scourge, also pay G for Nature's Panoply on my Thunderhoof, triggering his ability.

Scourge resolved, Hind and Crane return to my hand.

You attack, my Thunderhoof blocks your Leucrocota and my Leucrocota blocks your Cyclops. Your Leucrocota dies and I take 4 from the unblocked guys.

Untap, upkeep

Golden Hind
Tormented Thoughts, saccing the Hind so you discard the rest of your hand
Revel of the Fallen God
Attack with all but the Leucrocota
Responses/blocks/take it?

Spidey: 16
Hand: 4
Battlefield:

(T) Forest *Festive*
(T) Forest
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,T,T) Island x3
(T) Swamp
(T,T) Mt x2

Market Festival (Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, I add two mana of any combination to my mana pool)

(T) Pheres-Band Thunderhoof (7/8 from ctrs; Heroic-Whenever I cast a spell that targets ~, put two +1/+1 ctrs on ~) *5 +1/+1 ctrs*
(U) Ravenous Leucrocota (-1/7, Vigilance {6}{G}: Monstrosity 3. (If this creature isn't monstrous, put three +1/+1 counters on it and it becomes monstrous.) ~one, two, three~ *Monstrous!*
(T) Satyr creature token (2/2; Haste)

Graveyard: Nyx-Fleece Ram, Font of Fertility, Feast of Dreams, Countermand, Pin to the Earth, Nature's Panoply, Golden Hind, Tormented Thoughts, Revel of the Fallen God
Exile:
==================================================================
Mooseman: 12
Hand: 2 (0?)
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(TTTTT) Island
(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(TT) Forest

Pin to the Earth (Enchanted creature gets -6/-0.)

(T) Golden Hind (2/1, {T}: Add {G} to your mana pool.)
(T) Grim Guardian (1/4, Constellation — Whenever Grim Guardian or another enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, each opponent loses 1 life. )
(T) Gluttonous Cyclops (5/4, {5}{R}{R}: Monstrosity 3. (If this creature isn't monstrous, put three +1/+1 counters on it and it becomes monstrous.))
(T) Disciple of Deceit (1/3, Inspired )
(S) Scourge of Fleets (6/6, When Scourge of Fleets enters the battlefield, return each creature your opponents control with toughness X or less to its owner's hand, where X is the number of Islands you control. )

Graveyard: Desecration Plague, Satyr Hoplite, Cloaked Siren, Mortal Obstinacy, Nature's Panoply, Consign to Dust, Ravenous Leucrocota
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Yeah, I could block, but I only have left.

Riddle of Lightning
Humbler Of Mortals
Good one, your pack rocked..... and you still have 4 cards left?
Do you know someone at Magic Suitcase that gets you kickass packs? ;)

What next? Isn't there a new base set out 2014?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good game! I think both our packs rocked, but aside from the Crane, I still had Phalanx Formation and Font of Return left (just 3 cards, must have miscounted.

yeah, M15. Let's play that next.