Mindmaster CPA Set: DarthFerret vs mooseman

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Lumonias, Propitious Angel W 3WWW Legendary Creature - Angel 6/6 "Flying, Vigilance
At the beginning of your upkeep, all opponents gain three life.
<this> can't attack if defending player has six or less life."

D

DarthFerret

ok, no responses...and somehow i feel that is gonna be a game winner for ya....Ouch!

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
What? You don't have one too??????

So the blocks are set.
Damage resolves?
I lose 2 life and both your creatures die (butterflies take no combat damage)?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Plains
Attack with Butterflies and Angel
Response/Block?

mooseman 16
Hand: 9
In Play:

(U) Forest
(UU) Island
(U) Swamp
(UU) Plains
(U) CPA UBR Triple Land (Double Tap (<THIS> comes into play tapped and does not untap during your next untap phase)
<T>: Add <U>, <B>, or <R> to your mana pool)

Hidden Trap (Artifact, All Dash costs are increased by 3.)

(U) Root Squirrel (1/1, can not be blocked by creatures with flying)
(T) Fluttering Butterflies (2/2 "Flying. Prevent all combat damage attacking creatures would deal to <THIS>. Whenever <THIS> blocks, lose life equal to it's power.")
(U) Lumonias, Propitious Angel Legendary Creature - Angel
(6/6 "Flying, Vigilance. At the beginning of your upkeep, all opponents gain three life. <this> can't attack if defending player has six or less life.")

Graveyard:Anguishing Specter
RFG:

Darthferret 19
In Play:

(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(T) Plains
(U) Forest
(T) CPA BWR Triple Land (<THIS> comes into play tapped and does not untap during your next untap phase)
<T>: Add <B>, <W>, or <R> to your mana pool

(S) Dragon Of Greed (2/2, Flying, At end of turn, if you've drawn four or more cards this turn, sacrifice <THIS>. If you do, search your library or hand for Dragon of Unity and put it into play.)

Graveyard:Untether, Wandering Knight, Audacious Knight
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Dragon of Greed
Done

mooseman 16
Hand: 8
In Play:

(T) Forest
(TT) Island
(U) Swamp
(UT) Plains
(U) CPA UBR Triple Land (Double Tap (<THIS> comes into play tapped and does not untap during your next untap phase)

(T) Fluttering Butterflies (2/2 "Flying. Prevent all combat damage attacking creatures would deal to <THIS>. Whenever <THIS> blocks, lose life equal to it's power.")
(6/6 "Flying, Vigilance. At the beginning of your upkeep, all opponents gain three life. <this> can't attack if defending player has six or less life.")
(S) Dragon Of Greed (2/2, Flying, At end of turn, if you've drawn four or more cards this turn, sacrifice <THIS>. If you do, search your library or hand for Dragon of Unity and put it into play.)

RFG:

Darthferret 11
In Play:

(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(T) Plains
(U) Forest
(T) CPA BWR Triple Land (<THIS> comes into play tapped and does not untap during your next untap phase)

RFG:

D

DarthFerret

Untap, upkeep, Mountain, Done.

BTW, what is the rarity on the Butterfly. For that small cost, maybe he should be a rare??

mooseman 16
In Play:

(T) Forest
(TT) Island
(T) Swamp
(U,T) Plains
(T) CPA UBR Triple Land (Double Tap (<THIS> comes into play tapped and does not untap during your next untap phase)

RFG:

Darthferret 11
Hand: 6
In Play:

(U) Mountain
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(U) Plains
(U) Forest
(U) CPA BWR Triple Land (<THIS> comes into play tapped and does not untap during your next untap phase)

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
DarthFerret said:
BTW, what is the rarity on the Butterfly. For that small cost, maybe he should be a rare??
It's a common. I'll keep track of this. Rare? Maybe Uncommon? or 1GB?

Untap, upkeep (you gain 3 life), Swamp
Attack with everything
Blocks?

mooseman 16
In Play:

(U) Forest
(UU) Island
(UU) Swamp
(U,U) Plains

(T) Root Squirrel (1/1, can not be blocked by creatures with flying)
(T) Lumonias, Propitious Angel Legendary Creature - Angel
(T) Dragon Of Greed (2/2, Flying, At end of turn, if you've drawn four or more cards this turn, sacrifice <THIS>. If you do, search your library or hand for Dragon of Unity and put it into play.)

RFG:

Darthferret 14
In Play:

(U) Mountain
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(U) Plains
(U) Forest
(U) CPA BWR Triple Land (<THIS> comes into play tapped and does not untap during your next untap phase)

RFG:

D

DarthFerret

I think, to keep it a common, better add the extra colorless. Even then, it seems kinda undercosted....for a common. I really think 1GB as an uncommon, or GB as a rare.

Block your squirrel with my squirrel, and Block your angel with my dragon, after blocks are set, I will tap out to play Surge of Hurt: (Target creature gets +X/+0 until end of turn. That creature's controller loses X life) on my Dragon making him 6/2.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I have nothing else to do so damage resolves. I'll finish my turn on Sunday (Have a WoW tourney to run Sat)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Angelic Guard
Done

mooseman 16
Hand: 7
In Play:

(T) Forest
(UT) Island
(TT) Swamp
(TT) Plains

(T) Dragon Of Greed (2/2, Flying, At end of turn, if you've drawn four or more cards this turn, sacrifice <THIS>. If you do, search your library or hand for Dragon of Unity and put it into play.)
(S) Angelic Guard (1/6, "Flying. When <this> becomes blocked, target blocking creature gets First strike, <THIS> gets +X/+0 for each combat damage dealt to <THIS>, until EOT. All other effects that alter power and/or toughness have no effect on <THIS>.")

Graveyard:Anguishing Specter, Root Squirrel, Propitious Angel
RFG:

Darthferret 6
In Play:

(T) Mountain
(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(T) Plains
(T) Forest

Graveyard:Untether, Wandering Knight, Audacious Knight,Root Squirrel, Dragon Of Greed
RFG:

L

Limited

DarthFerret said:
Block your squirrel with my squirrel, and Block your angel with my dragon, after blocks are set, I will tap out to play Surge of Hurt: (Target creature gets +X/+0 until end of turn. That creature's controller loses X life) on my Dragon making him 6/2.
I sorry to go bubble bursting, but Surge of Hurt is a Sorcery. It would be waaaaay to good as an instant.

And I agree that the Fluttering Butterflies are just a tad undercosted. I think the card doesn't need to be rare, but 1BG for an uncommon 2/2 (perhaps even 2/1? Black and Green don't have a lot of efficient flyers) seems okay.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
I sorry to go bubble bursting, but Surge of Hurt is a Sorcery. It would be waaaaay to good as an instant.

And I agree that the Fluttering Butterflies are just a tad undercosted. I think the card doesn't need to be rare, but 1BG for an uncommon 2/2 (perhaps even 2/1? Black and Green don't have a lot of efficient flyers) seems okay.
Rewind to after attackers are declared..... DF declare blockers again.

Remember that the butterflies only works when blocking, not when attacking, so the 1BG and stay common may be good enough.

D

DarthFerret

Ok, block the squirrels like i said, and block th butterfly with the dragon....and take the angel...done.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I think this is the revised board layout.

mooseman 14
In Play:

(T) Forest
(UT) Island
(TT) Swamp
(TT) Plains

(S) Angelic Guard (1/6, "Flying. When <this> becomes blocked, target blocking creature gets First strike, <THIS> gets +X/+0 for each combat damage dealt to <THIS>, until EOT. All other effects that alter power and/or toughness have no effect on <THIS>.")

Graveyard:Anguishing Specter, Root Squirrel, Butterflies
RFG:

Darthferret 8
In Play:

(U) Mountain
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(U) Plains
(U) Forest

Graveyard:Untether, Wandering Knight, Audacious Knight, Root Squirrel, Dragon Of Greed
RFG:

D

DarthFerret

Looks right to me. As I have nothing left that can fly, and nothing left to either gain life or remove anything, I think that it is over. Not much point in going on, as you can hit me for 9 next turn flying, and I will not be able to block any of it. I would be happy to run another game, with a different booster pack. Did spidey get all of the set back yet or not?

mooseman 14
In Play:

(T) Forest
(UT) Island
(TT) Swamp
(TT) Plains

Graveyard:Anguishing Specter, Root Squirrel, Butterflies
RFG:

Darthferret 8
In Play:

(U) Mountain
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(U) Plains
(U) Forest

Graveyard:Untether, Wandering Knight, Audacious Knight, Root Squirrel, Dragon Of Greed
RFG:[/QUOTE]

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
DarthFerret said:
Looks right to me. As I have nothing left that can fly, and nothing left to either gain life or remove anything, I think that it is over. Not much point in going on, as you can hit me for 9 next turn flying, and I will not be able to block any of it. I would be happy to run another game, with a different booster pack. Did spidey get all of the set back yet or not?
Yeah, the angel is pretty good. I don't think spidey got it back yet.
We can try again or wait, up to you.

D

DarthFerret

What with the ice storm here (yeah...in texas...who woulda thought) and this new promotion still up in the air, let me wait until we get the rest of them, or at least a couple of days to get everything else settled...