Members not posting

F

fuzzy510

When did we last weed through the members? Do we realize that there are 475 members that have a post count of 0???? Why are we wasting space on these members who have done NOTHING?????

D

Daggertooth

Most likely so we know who has registered. Besides, some of those might be Lurkers. :p

Daggertooth

S

sageridder

Not only might some be lurking,they might become active at some point.They might not post but could still be coming here for the front page articles as well.It was said before as well that keeping them uses only a minuet amount of bandwidth.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This was raised before in this forum; if you have the time you may want to search for it. Basically it costs nothing in terms of space to store the "profiles" of the 0-post users, and they could be lurkers or whatever.

H

Hawaiian mage

Heh... we used to flame people for suggesting they deleate the old accounts... Oh well.

D

Daggertooth

I think that's what fuzzy wants. :D

He keeps posting things like: Why use stickys, this and many more.

Sooooo........if that's what he wants.........:D

:mad:Stupid Fuzzball!!!!!:mad:

*Whew* Am I good at flaming :) I particularly like the angry faces. :)

Daggertooth

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

They also may be active posters in the off topic, battle arena, or testing forum. while this is unlikely, it is still possible. also, while i'm not sure what a lurker is, they may be lurkers.(If someone could tell me what a lurker is, that would be appreciated)

H

Hawaiian mage

You don't know what a lurker is? Wow...

A lurker is somone who only reads the boards and never contributes. It's kind of weird to know that all forums have them, so your always being watched... But that also implies your sort of famous, so it's cool.

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

hmm...my therapist said that no one was watching me. i guess that sometimes the paranoid are being watched. Wait a minute, Hawaiian Mage, you're dating my girlfriend, aren't you...

:mad:grrrrrr:mad:

N

NeuroDeus

At least there could be an option that the user himself would delete the account...?

T

TeamRegime.com

The suggestion that an option for self deletion is a good one...kinda like committing CPA Suicide...

I think a website sould be happy with all registrars...Id LOVE to have 1000 plus members and even if only half posted things, Id be tickle me elmo happy.

LURKERS...I like the sound of that....Isn't that a card from the DARK? I have semi-tons of lurkers at my site..and YES it is frustrating when they dont contribute to the BBoard or sign the guestbook..but it is a Free country and Im easy like summer rain....

But a self deletion is cool...

Nicholas Knight
www.teamregime.com

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice idea. It would take some work off the administrators.

But again, is this REALLY necessary? Are you guys losing sleep because we have 474 members with 0 posts? I still don't understand what the fuss is all about... :confused:

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

I want to know why fuzzy is exaggerating. He said that there were 475 members with a post count of 0, when in reality, it was 474 members. I don't know if I can ever believe you again.

F

fuzzy510

*Fuzzy510 takes a wrench and continually bashes Turd Cutter over the head with it for making such a stupid comment.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
fuzzy WAS correct in that when he first posted that, it WAS 475 members (I'm just taking his word that it was, I'm not counting them). However, Vasca De Gama has since started posting, which is why I dropped it to 474. :)