Mame

D

Darsh

Sure it is, [begin extreme sarcasm] as long as you delete the game after 24 hours which everyone does that right?[/end extreme sarcasm]

But anyway, emulators are okay in my book.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Why even have the game during those 24 hours?

I was just wondering... I think it's pretty much pirating overall, but for old games (longer than 7 years) it's kinda okay while more recent it's not.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone have the MAME emulator? And the games Gauntlet and/or Indiana Jones Temple of Doom to go with it?

C

Chaos Turtle

I downloaded one, but never bothered installing it, since the game ROMs are a pain to find and take years to download.

Actually, games only pass into public domain if the copyright holder allows them to, or said copyright holder is dead or out-of-business. (I'm assuming copyright laws apply to games, since they are written, after all.)

Nevertheless, I personally see no harm in acquiring games that simply aren't being published anymore. Say, anything from Super NES and before. After all, any actual games you find are (more than likely) secondhand anyway; the developer has already made all they money they're going to make from it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's funny, I found a bunch of them in one central location...

And most are under 100K. It's only the big ones towards the late 80's that are big (like Operation Wolf).

Still, what you said about copyrights is what I thought (that they don't expire until whatever conditions are met).

C

Chaos Turtle

I probably should have mentioned that I was looking for Playstation games.