Magic "Good Guys" vs.

Killer Joe

Magic "Jerky" guys!

I have developed a parculiar semi-alter ego when playing magic as of the last several months. I like being a "jerk", especially to those players who don't PAY ATTENTION to rules and game play.

Newbies are off-limits to me becuase,...well,...they're NEW!

But if you've been playing for the last several years or so and don't care very much for following the rules then you are my number one target!
Example of not following the rules or paying attention:

~Draw before you untap

~Sit quitely during everybody elses turn but then become "Chatter-Mouth" during your turn and it just happens that you're incapable of "Multi-Tasking' and play and talk at the same time!!!!

~Constantly assuming that "Take-Backs" are allowed without even a mia copa.

~Arguing rules that you don't know.

~Not announcing the end of your turn!!!!! I really hate THIS one!

~Tapping and untapping mana like it were a radio dial and you're listening for yet another version of some crappy 80's tune that sucked the FIRST time it was on the air.

~Complaining aloud that you're not a threat when anyone ever attacks you

~Always asking if it's okay to take a mulligan of seven cards but holding everyone else to the Paris rule

~Name dropping pro's or semi-pro's like they're your best friends when they don't even know you exsist!!!

~Attempting to attack and not tap your creatures, oh boy, I know a guy like this.

~Tapping mana at a 5 degree angle and then attempt to use that very same land during your opponent's turn.

:mad:

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Killer Joe said:
~Constantly assuming that "Take-Backs" are allowed without even a mia copa.
I like to be a jerk when someone misspells a latin phrase. It's "mea culpa" ;)
Anyway, sometimes being a jerk can help others become better players. As long as you use "You can't do that because..." instead of "You can't do that. Judge!" that is.

If you have to make sure people don't tap their land for mana twice that's just preventing cheating.

L

Limited

KJ said:
Tapping mana at a 5 degree angle and then attempt to use that very same land during your opponent's turn
This is just brilliant, but it can get ever worse:
Turn one - Mountain, tapping it 90 degrees, one degree at a time. Fireball for 89.

Killer Joe

I once wrote a report where my opponent (insert generalization on a 20 something immature pro-tour wanna-be) where my opponent actually tried to DO this thinking I was just some random Mexican (wait, I AM Mexican but not random :)).

Probably my worst pet-peeve is the fast-paced tapping and untapping when a player is decieding which mana to tap when paying for a spell. Then cast the spell and realize they tapped mana which wasn't the best choice for them and then just, without asking AND after the resolution of the spell, re-tap the correct mana that best suits their situation. OY!

That's why I used the "radio dial" to describe it, but later I realized that most likely no one here remembers when there WERE radio dials :rolleyes:

Jeezsh! Next thing ya know I'll be using an "8-track" metafore and no one will even KNOW what those were -->double :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Killer Joe

HEY! My first 8-Track was Boston's First Album :)

I know Magic is a game of 'short-cuts' but something that really bothers me is when players tap creatures for an attack without announcing their attack step and then won't go back to let you have priority stating, "It's too late, I'm already attacking..."

I

Istanbul

I have a set answer for that. "You don't have to like it, you just have to rewind. Magic is a game with rules, and either you're following them - which means I get a chance to respond to your declaration of your attack step - or you're cheating, which means you forfeit the game. Your choice."

Killer Joe

In the Multiplayer Magic League players are reminded about sticking to the proceedures of turn sequences so there's not that much of a problem there. It's those 'pick-up' games with people you don't know like at pre-releases and such where rules enforcement is done by the loudest mouthed player. You would think I would fold and leave these games but I enjoy beating schmucks like this despite their rules ignorance. :)

**-I know, I know. You don't make apologies for who you are or what you believe in. That's why I appreciate your input! :D

D

DarthFerret

When I first started playing Magic, we made signs that we would hold up and hit people with. The following is a list of the words on the signs::

Untap
Draw
Shut-up
Game Over, you lose.

D

DarthFerret

Ok, I beleive that is the 2nd time my siggy has been quoted....