Lurkers

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Currently Active Users: 95 (3 members and 92 guests)

92 guests? How does the system calculate this? Are there really 92 people who are reading these boards, but haven't signed up?
Is the CPA being lurked?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I doubt there were really 92 bots here at the same time. It's even less probable that there were over 500 bots here at the time it says we had our record. More likely, it was a bug in one bot (or very few bots) that caused it to access the page repeatedly. I remember reading about something like this happening somewhere to an even more ridiculous extent...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Here's some food for thought: out of the 1740 posters on this site, only 1056 have posted at all.

Furthermore, 459 have posted 10 times or more.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't doubt it. Do you know how many archival/search engines there are?

Those stats could have been even more lopsided, but I've been doing cleanup every month on zero posters who have not logged on in five years or more :)

I wonder how many have just one post? Usually the one in the New Members section announcing their presence, and then they disappear...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
I don't doubt it. Do you know how many archival/search engines there are?

Those stats could have been even more lopsided, but I've been doing cleanup every month on zero posters who have not logged on in five years or more :)

I wonder how many have just one post? Usually the one in the New Members section announcing their presence, and then they disappear...
"That many" was referring to what Ransac said: that over 60% of the accounts actually have posts. I didn't think it would be that much, since when I last looked, there were A LOT of users with zero posts. It looked like much more than the number of users with posts. But if you've been doing cleanup, that probably explains it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah, for about the last year, maybe year & a half, probably on average 10-15 users get deleted every month for having 0 posts and not being active for the past 5 years.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No, that would be just a small percentage, if anything. We've been pretty good about deleting spammers.

Like I said before, it's most likely people who have posted once in the New Members forum (and maybe Decks) but haven't posted since.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
Like I said before, it's most likely people who have posted once in the New Members forum (and maybe Decks) but haven't posted since.
Yeah, there actually have been several people who only posted once in either of those forums and never showed up again.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I wouldn't remember the ones seven years ago. Then again, neither would most of you, being so old and senile...