Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hunting Grounds

• Other

• Total voters
M

Mikeymike

What do you think is going to be the sleeper card of judgment? I've included 9 that I think have 'sleeper potential', and I'm staying away from ones that I've heard any rumors or read articles about (like Mists of Stagnation, Cabal Therapy, Sylvan Safekeeper, etc.).

Please feel free to add your own choices for sleeper, and some ideas you have for your choices.

Glory - I haven't seen anything of substance about him yet, but at the same time I know he's getting noticed. Its not hard to get him in the GY, and when he's there your creatures should be nearly unstoppable.

Spirit Cairn - I'll be keeping an eye on this little guy. Its relatively cheap, and it works with all players. Its extremely easy to build a deck around, and works well with Glorious Anthem which is quickly gaining popularity. Watch this card, seriously.

Web of Inertia - Antoher card that fits well into the types of decks that will be forming from Judgment. This card is extremely powerful if its stipulation is met (which isn't too difficult to do).

Sutured Ghoul - Yes he's extremely expensive, but there is more than one way to trick him out. With the amount of creatures black can get into the GY, and the ability to specify which creatues are in the GY - he can be VERY big very quickly.

Book Burning - I mention this card b/c I can't understand why I haven't found an article or heard anything about it yet. 2 mana for immediate threshold, prepare for this card. In this environment it can't really be considered card disadvantage, especially with the amount of goodies that can end up in the GY.

Jeska, Warrior Adept - I have to admit I'm a little baised towards her as I love both Haste and First Strike and I love that her secondary ability can be used the turn she comes into play. A very solid critter, good on offense, great on defense. Makes all of your burn 1 point more effective.

Exoskeletal Armor - Elephant Guide is getting the attention and deservedly so, but for 2 mana this sucker can supply one of your creatures with a lot of fire-power for a quick finishing blow. Very dangerous in a Threshold deck with some evasion critters.

Phantom Nantuko - All the Phantoms' general prevention ability make them all good defensive creatures. This guy's ability to pump + trampler give him ability make him a serious threat in the late game, not bad for a 2G. Works very well with Telekenetic Bonds, that blue wizard that untaps permanents, or Forcemage Advocate.

Hunting Grounds - If you've read my entries in the decks forum you know I'm high on this card already. Its negative is that its useless w/o threshold, but when its working you should win - period. There is a ton of potential for this card, a lot of which I see happening in Extended and OBC.

G

Griffith_se

Maybe "Quiet Speculation", I don't know.
I'm not real familiar with the cards yet, but this one kinda got my
attention.

M

Mikeymike

How's it going?

I didn't include Quiet Speculation b/c its not a sleeper card, I've already seen 2 decklists for it in articles and have heard the buzz around the scene.

That said, I can see it being a very strong card - especially in the U/G builds I've seen. The only thing I don't like about it and those U/G builds, its not doing anything new and fun.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Masked Gorgon? You said yourself, that this might see play simply because of all the GW decks that could emerge

M

Mikeymike

Masked Gorgon actually would have been a good sleeper pick, b/c its one of those pain-in-the-arse cards. Its not a horrible card w/o threshold as its a 5/5 for 5 immune to black kill - but with all the green out there its not that good. But with threshold it becomes very difficult to deal with with all that green out there, while gaining prot-Vindicate.