I've just gotta share...

I

Istanbul

I LOVE my green deck.

Here are three sample games. (I'm literally shuffling and drawing the cards.)

GAME 1
------
Turn 1: Draw 7. Play Forest. Go.
Turn 2: Draw. Play Forest. Tap out for Emerald Medallion. Go.
Turn 3: Draw. Play Forest. Tap Forest for Heart Warden. Tap out for Killer Bees. Go.
Turn 4: Draw. Play Forest. Tap two Forest, play Cradle Guard. Tap two Forests, play Cradle Guard #2. Go.
Turn 5: Pay echo. Draw. Tap Heart Warden to play Priest of Titania. Attack with two Cradle Guards for *8* points of trample damage.
Turn 6: Draw. Tap Frest to play Priest of Titania. Tap out to play 6/6 Krakilin. Attack with two Cradle Guards for *8* points of trample damage.
Turn 7: Draw. Laugh. Tap Forest to play Priest of Titania. Tap out to add +12/+12 to my Killer Bees. Attack with Bees, both Cradle Guards, and Krakilin for *26* points of damage, 8 trample, 12 flying.
Let's assume that my opponent has somehow found a way to survive that...
Turn 8: Draw. Tap Priest of Titania, play Weatherseed Treefolk. Tap out to add +13/+13 to my Killer Bees. Attack as before for *27* points of damage. Kill.

GAME 2
------
Turn 1: Draw 7. Play Forest, tap for Fyndhorn Elves. Go.
Turn 2: Draw. Play Forest, tap both Forests for Priest of Titania. Go.
Turn 3: Draw. Play Forest. Tap Priest of Titania for Priest of Titania. Tap two Forests for Heart Warden. Laugh. Go.
Turn 4: Draw. Tap Priest of Titania, Heart Warden, and Fyndhorn Elves for Yavimaya Wurm. Tap Priest of Titania and Forest for Weatherseed Treefolk. Go.
Turn 5: Draw. Play Forest. Tap both Priests of Titania and Heart Warden to add 9; play Plated Rootwalla for 5, use 2 to sacrifice Heart Warden and draw. Tap Forest. Pay 3 to give Plated Rootwalla +3/+3 until end of turn (mana sink). Attack with Yavimaya Wurm and Weatherseed Treefolk for *11* points of trample damage.
Turn 6: Draw. Stare in amazement. Tap two Forests to play Priest of Titania. Tap two Priests of Titania to play Verdant Force. Laugh maniacally. Tap two Forests and Fyndhorn Elves to give Plated Rootwalla +3/+3 until end of turn. Attack with Yavimaya Wurm, Weatherseed Treefolk, and Plated Rootwalla for *17* points of damage, 11 of it trample.
Let's assume my opponent somehow managed to survive that...
Turn 7: Draw. Play Forest. Tap three Forests to give Plated Rootwalla +3/+3 until end of turn. Attack with Plated Rootwalla, Weatherseed Treefolk, Yavimaya Wurm, Verdant Force, and one Saproling for *25* damage, 11 of it trample. Kill.

*VIGOROUS shuffle*

GAME 3
------
Turn 1: Draw 7. Play Forest. Go.
Turn 2: Draw. Play Forest. Tap out for Emerald Medallion. Go.
Turn 3: Draw. Play Forest. Tap Forest for Fyndhorn Elves. Tap Forest for Priest of Titania. Go.
Turn 4: Draw. Tap Forest for Sol Ring. Tap Priest of Titania, Fyndhorn Elves, both Forests, Sol Ring, play Verdant Force. Go.
Turn 5: Draw. Tap Priest of Titania, Fyndhorn Elves, Forest. Play Cradle Guard. Play Cradle Guard. Attack with Verdant Force for *7* damage.
Turn 6: Tap Priest of Titania, Fyndhorn Elves, Forest, Sol Ring to pay Echo. Draw. Attack with Verdant Force and both Cradle Guards for *15* damage, 8 of it trample.
Turn 7: Draw. Tap Forest to play Heart Warden. Tap Priest of Titania, Fyndhorn Elves, two Forests, Sol Ring to play 7/7 Krakilin. Attack with Verdant Force and both Cradle Guards for *15* damage, 8 of it trample.
Let's assume my opponent somehow survived that.
Turn 8: Draw. Tap Forest and Sol Ring to play Elvish Piper. Tap Priest of Titania and Heart Warden for GGGGG. Sacrifice Heart Warden to draw. Play Llanowar Elves. Tap Forest to play Argothian Wurm. (Will assume it goes back on top of library) Attack with Verdant Force, 5 Saprolings, two Cradle Guards, Krakilin, and Fyndhorn Elves for *28* damage, 8 of it trample. Kill.

These were ACTUAL DRAWS. I shuffled to the best of my ability. Didn't peek at the top of my library, switch cards, or anything.

I just love this deck. Turn 4 Verdant Force, hard-casted, BABY!

P

Purple_jester

Your deck seems to work well in practice. How does it fare against other opponents? I happen to know from experience that Priests of Titania are notoriously vulnerable. They tend to get hit by a Bolt as soon as they hit the table. You gotta learn to hate those elves.

BTW, I like your deck. I happen to like the Krakilin.

I

Istanbul

This deck works pretty smoothly. I have enough elves that they're unlikely to blast them all, and even if they do, I have Emerald Medallions to help out. And should my opponent happen to be playing burn and target my elves, well, great! That means they're NOT targetting me.

R

rkoelsch

I was under the impression that medallions do not affect echo. Even if you can pay less to put in play, the creature still has the same cost. It takes 3 to spell blast
or 5 to dominate a Cradle Guard. So I think the echo would be 1GG for Cradle Guard. I could be wrong?

I

Istanbul

That's why in game 3, I tapped all that to pay echo on both Cradle Guards.

I see your point, though. In game 1, I could have only paid echo on one of my Guards. Which was just fine...just means that it goes from a brutal, savage beating to just a brutal beating.

Z

Zadok001

Oh, God! Your deck is so BEGGING for Greater Good! :)m I'm serious! Really! Think about it. You get tons of mana, and play Weatherseeds. Now, with all that mana, you can cast a ton of spells, which means that some way to draw cards would be very, very helpful. Greater Good fits the bill perfectly. Additionally, no one will be Treacherying any of your creatures any time soon. Killer Bees has some nice synergy with it. Kraklin wouldn't be too bad.

Really! Try it...

"That's a cool deck!"

T

The Magic Jackal

You should see my elf ball deck. It can easily deal 20 points of damage on turn 4. In multiplayer I can kill 3 people on turn 7 (I could probably do it quicker, but I've never tried to on paper).

I

Istanbul

This deck was made when Elf-Ball was popular. I said to myself, 'Burning your opponent for 20 is *boring*. What else can I do with a crapload of mana...I know! Play all those uncastable green fatties!'

Anyway, in go two Collective Unconsciouses...:)