Infernal Genesis Ideas--B/G

M

Mikeymike

Infernal Genesis is my next deck. Unfortunately, the 1 I own won't be enough to build a deck around. I want at least 2 more but I'm shooting for another 3. THIS WILL BE A MULTIPLAYER DECK, so 70 cards is a nice total.

Here's what I'm thinking
I want to go Black/Green for a few reasons
A) I can abuse Sylvan Library
B) Big green creatures + graveyard recursion = good
C) Better utility

The key to the deck will be Volrath's Stronghold, which will work basically in the same purpose as the Library, and the 2 don't get in each others way. With an AvWoe or Thorney I can get at least 7 tokens per turn using the Stronghold. HOWEVER, the combo won't work until I get the Genesis out.

Creatures beefers, I can use any number or combination of cards. Death Pit Offering, Overrun, Dark Triumph, and Stampede Driver. But then I need a good way to kill my opponents creatures, Dry Spell or better yet Pestilence?

Recursion, I'd like to go with my Favorite recur ever, Victimize. Works nicely with the Minion Tokens.

Big Creatures, like Avatar of Woe, Thorn Elemental, Verdant Force (why not? more tokens can't be bad, wish I owned Spirits of the Night), maybe Gravebane Zombie

GOING RED/BLACK INSTEAD
I could use Goblin Bombardment as the kill card, and Sneak Attack can be put to good use also. Plus I'll have better access to mass removal.

All ideas are greatly appreciated. I :) upon wacky stuff.

G

galtwish

Here's a combo of the two

4 Wall of Blossoms
4 Quirion Elves/Birds of Paradise
3 Silverglade Elemental
3 Sylvan Library
2 Abundance
1 Repopulate/Thran Foundry
1 Worldly Tutor
4 Infernal Genesis

pick a few of the following
----
Necrosavant
Phrexian Plaguelord
Dark Hatchling
Lord of the Pit
Minion of Leshrac
Fallen Angel
Coffin Puppets
Deleraich
----
1 Demonic Tutor/Vampric Tutor
1 Gravedigger
1 Gravepact
1 Hecatomb
1 Recurring Nightmare/Diabolical Servitude
1 Corpse Dance
2 Avalanche Riders
1 Ghitu Slinger/Mogg Fanatic
2 Goblin Bombardment
1 Kyren Negotiations
1 Bottle Gnomes
4 Rocky Tarpit
4 Mountian Valley
10 Forest
10 Swamp
6 Mountians

You can substitute lots of the fatties, I just listed the good ones for a deck like this off the top of my head. Dual Lands would be great as well, of course. U/B might be woth exploring with the Genesis due to Lim-Dul's Vualt, Diabolical Vision, Ancestral Knowledge/Memories and Sealed Fate.

Erik

S

SwingMage

If you are going with B/G you might want to pit in a few skyshroud rangers, for white (or a few plains) for enlightened tutor if you have problems getting the Genesis out.

I have been toying with a Genesis deck, too. However, it is B/R using the avatars and other high cc creatures to create a lot of tokens to use with Kyren Negotiations. However, it is T2, but hey...

If you go with B/R, including Kyren Negotiations would double the damage i believe since you could tap the tokens then sacrifice them to the Bombardment, no?

D

Duel

Hell's caretakers, Mirri's guile, victimize!!!! That way
"Oh no, I lost my sengir and got 5 1/1's becomes, "Oh, look, a sengir and 4 1/1's for free!"

Worldly tutors would go down a treat, to let you put a creature on top of your deck.