I need help with a burning bridge deck......

L

Loafing Giant

but i don't know what goes in it

so far

wilfires
urza's rages\
millstones--/either or(finishers)
ensnaring bridges
grafted skullcaps(keep hand empty for the bridges)

that is about all i know

it is an extended deck so keep that in mind

plz help me im so dazed and confused:confused:

R

r00tg04t

well, no offience but i don't think it will do vary good in extended, but a good combo with Ensnaring Bridge is Null Rod try to get some of those :D maybe use winter orb as well, use 3 or 4 Cursed Scroll, with this ensnaring bridge and null rod become *amazing* maybe run 2 pillage main deck. In extended i don't see rage being a staple card either, there is better burn for cheeper, Like Incinerate, Fireblast (with this deck sacking two mountains seems to look pretty good) and follow the tradition of wildfire decks in passed, use a bit of artifact mana acceleration to pop out the big stuff quickly, maybe 4 Grim Monolith (one time thing, use it wiseley heh) and 4 Fire Diamond for sure.

T

Turtlewax Joe

Actually it's not Null Rod it's Null Brooch. And Burning Bridges will suck in extended. You must play Toll Bridge. It was a deck based on a Rath Cycle Constructed idea that translated into the '98 enviroment for T II.

Toll Bridge

4x Cursed Scroll
4x Scalding Tongs
4x Ensnaring Bridge
4x Null Brooch
4x Hanna's Custody
4x Manabond
4x Oath of Scholars
4x Impulse
4x Mox Diamond
3x Plains
4x Forest
8x Island
4x Adakar Wastes(or it's Duel Land equivilant)
4x Brushland(or it's Duel Land equivilant)

This should work very well in extended. I'll post a Burning Bridges deck here soon. One of them one our T II FNM a week ago.

T.J.

L

Loafing Giant

its a control deck using ensnaring bridge and burn

grafted skullcap is for keeping your hand empty

and

the deck wins with kicked urza's rages or millstones once control of the board is achieved

wildfire is to help control the board

i definitly need four grim monolith

but what else in red can shut down the opponent

I

Istanbul

Urza's Rage is 12 mana with kicker.
How are you going to have 12 mana in play AND use Wildfire?

R

r00tg04t

heh yeah my bad, i confused null brooch and null rod, either way everyone knew what i ment, and yeah you shouldn't use rage in a burning bridges deck, lol like the other guy said, wildfire + 12 mana = not happening. I'm telling you it's all about incinerate! you should maybe use pyroclasim (i belive thats the name of it)

3 Disguard a card at random from your hand, Pyroclasim deals damage equal to the cards casting cost to target creature or player.

it's something like that look it up on apprentice heh but it's another way to empty your hand =P but if yer playing ensnaring bridge in extended.. i can't think of a good reason not to play null brooch.

G

Gizmo

The Wildfire/Bridge deck is actually a Type-II deck, it was played into the Top-8 by some guy at the US nationals. What you want is some sort of translation of this into Extended. I have to agree that I dont fancy it`s chances very much in the current extended field.Charles Delvoux
Iron Phoenix

This is Iron Phoenix, played by Charles Delvoux at Worlds

1 Forbidding Watchtower
2 Ghitu Encampment
5 Mountain
8 Plains
4 Plateau
1 Shivan Gorge
4 Wasteland

3 Shard Phoenix

1 Aura of Silence
4 Cursed Scroll
4 Disenchant
4 Enlightened Tutor
4 Ensnaring Bridge
1 Hammer of Bogardan
1 Humility
2 Jester's Cap
4 Mox Diamond
3 Peace of Mind
1 Seal of Cleansing
3 Tithe

and this is something else, not Bridge or burn, but it might appeal:

Welder Red, played by Christian Luhrs

4 Ancient Tomb
4 City of Traitors
12 Mountain

4 Goblin Welder
4 Masticore

4 Grim Monolith
4 Mind Stone
4 Smokestack
4 Sphere of Resistance
4 Tangle Wire
4 Tsabo's Web
4 Urza's Bauble
4 Voltaic Key

There were no decks exactly like you described at Worlds.

C

Captain Caveman

I think, this is the Bridge deck Gizmo was refering to and it
might be one you were talking about. This is Type II though.

2 Dust Bowl
19 Mountain
4 Rishadan Port
4 Ensnaring Bridge
4 Fire Diamond
3 Grafted Skullcap
3 Millstone
4 Pillage
4 Pyroclasm
3 Seal of Fire
4 Stone Rain
2 Tectonic Break
4 Wildfire

M

Mundungu

yep that's the one..

I have been playing that deck for a few months to very nice success (well at FNM at least) until the guys in the shop metagamed against me :(

The deck is really stable in T2 IMHO, but way too slow for extended ...

BTW the sideboard for the deck includes:
4 Flowstone wall
4 Urza's rage
3 anti rebel enchantment (dont remember the name, but can be dropped if few rebel decks are expected)
4 Boil (Ifound them not that great due to the vast amount of dual lands played, once again, depends on the environment)

T

Turtlewax Joe

Hey Loafing Giant...Are you as dumb as the card?? I know that the Scullcap is key for the Bridge combo! BUT ONLY IN T II!!!!

In extended(btw;the format I have most expierience in)Null Brooch does better because of the Counter effect! And it still emptys your Hand!!!!

Burning Bridges is way to slow for Extended!

T.J.

L

Loafing Giant

turtle wax u can shut your face now i've had about enough of u
and
second, like cavemans deck it uses artifact mana to generate for the urza's rages

but for some reason inquest(i read it, i don't know how many of u read it) spoke of the deck in extended format.

cptn cave man thank u for knowing what i was talking about

now i will attempt to build this t2(for a few months longer) burning bridge deck.

A

Aku Necromancer

perhaps that was a typo (ment to say type 2 rather than extended). Inquest tends to be a magazine full of error

R

r00tg04t

I don't mean to flame this guy but i just got done reading replys on my thread and he was saying my deck sucks to.. but again?!

"Hey Loafing Giant...Are you as dumb as the card?? I know that the Scullcap is key for the Bridge combo! BUT ONLY IN T II!!!!

In extended(btw;the format I have most expierience in)Null Brooch does better because of the Counter effect! And it still emptys your Hand!!!!

Burning Bridges is way to slow for Extended!

T.J."

Spiderman, lol i'm not one to complain but that's pretty harsh, i could of sworn the purpose of this is to help with decks and such?

R

RabidKimba

T.J. - Tone it down, your being waay too harsh. Anyway, giant is great in limited, if it mills a land, your getting improved card quality on your next draw. ;)

Most T2 versions of this deck play creatures maindeck, and switch out to the bridge in the sideboard, because creatureless/creature-light decks are pretty popular. Maybe 2 maindeck, 2 sideboard, if your local metagame is mostly creatures, and 4 maindeck if your metagame is 35 creatures, 25 land. (like mine.) A Land Destruction version of the deck works very well, with Tectonic Breaks, and Wildfires.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
T.J. was already rebuked in Wild Research thread and he apologized, but we're keeping our eye on him.

G

Gizmo

The report for this deck is currently on the front page of Brainburst, he won a SMALL (11 players) tourney with it:

Cursed Bridge (by Justin Yap)

4x Ensnaring Bridge - Key card for the deck. Stops creatures flat in their
tracks.
3x Cursed Scroll - Key card for the deck. I actually had to explain how the card was good at the tournament. Heh.
AH! I think we know why he won, now. :) And, erm, only 3???
3x Grafted Skullcap - Creates a more solid lock for the Bridge, and acts as
a Howling Mine for only you.
1x Masticore - Mows down your creatures and bites you for even more.
4x Incinerate - It burns and it melts regenerating baddies.
3x Scorching Lava - The Incinerate counterpart for Shock. Used in case
someone played recurring creatures, but mainly for the burn.
4x Mogg Fanatic (Fantastic) - Mogg beatdown, baby.
4x Fireblasts - Excellent finishing card, although I always worry that I'll
overextend and use up my land. Use with precaution, if you play this deck.
3x Ghitu Fires - X burn, which is really useful in the late game.
4x Shock - Early burn, mainly used to off creatures.
2x Firestorm - Thought about not using these, but they were effective
enough.
2x Urza's Rage - It was halfway unnecessary. I never played any Counter
decks (excluding a Stasis deck) that I needed to wait for 12 Mana to hit the
board to use it. If there were, they would have been excellent.

Land
2x Ghitu Encampment - Uncounterable creature.
2x Wasteland - vs nonbasic land.
1x Dustbowl - vs nonbasic land.
19x Mountain

Sideboard
1x Millstone
2x Obilterate
4x Pyroblast
2x Boil
3x Shattering Pulse
3x Masticore

The version of this deck I used to play in T2 many moons ago splashed white for Pegasus Refuge, you could use similar tech, or go for Trenches even.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

The red enchantment that lets you discard cards at random for damage is Pyromancy, not Pyroclasm.
That Anti-rebel enchantment is Brutal Suppression.