Honor the Fallen

M

Mikeymike

Honor the Fallen

Honor the Fallen
Instant 1W
MM(R)
Remove all creature cards in all graveyards from the game. You gain 1 life for each card removed this way.

I was eyeing this card for awhile. I put it into a mono-white deck I built for MP as graveyards have become something of a problem (well, regular occurance) in our group recently.

This card rocks. Its rarely ever been a dead cast, and its been a game-saving top deck twice for me. Meanest thing its done is respond to an opponent's Patriarch's Bidding. But usually its just as effective in neutering Squee, Wonder, Anger, etc.

Has anyone else tried this?

T

train

Know of it, and it's uses... but there isn't much gy manipulation around here except for me...;) :cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'd definitely stick it in against train... it would be useful in my group too; one guy uses a lot of graveyard recursion.

T

train

That wouldn't be very nice spidey - kind of like Bigblue's haunting echoes...
;)
I'll send you that new deck list tomorrow morning Spidey...

sorry it's taken so long...:rolleyes:

Sometime soon I'll post my untouchables deck... It's a monster...
;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, endless recursion isn't nice either.... :p

It's too bad BigBlue doesn't have it in his deck, seeing he's playing white. If we play again, he'll probably have to maindeck it :)

Don't worry about the decklist, no problem...

T

Troll

I love to use that card. One of my playgroup has a Living Death deck with a full set of Tormod's Crypt and Hasted creatures which he dumps into the 'yard with Buried Alives. I have Honored in response to his Living Death so many times he asks what i'm playing before he plays with that deck. :D :p

Ferret

Staff member
Reanimation has gotten too popular lately. This card seems like it was designed to destroy them - I'm all for it!

-Ferret

"and STAY dead!"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but Mercadian Masques was a couple of years before the Odyssey block with the graveyard manipulation... I'm not sure what it might have been in response too (it was in R&D when Tempest was out, so maybe Recurring Nightmare...)

T

train

I'll say it was probably brought out to a lot of the gy manipulation in Saga... since it was technically the block before masques... Living and recurring would have been fading out when masques came in - and they focus more on the Type!! than they do type 1 and extended...

"Mind's Desire recently slipped through the cracks...";)

Ferret

Staff member
Long before Odyssey (Tempest Block) I had created a really nice gy deck based around Fallen Angels, Sengir Autocrats, and Breeding Pits. I had lots of cards that kept my creatures coming back...

-Ferret

"Kicking it old school w/ Animate Dead and Dance of the Dead"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It seems you should have made that deck in the Ice Age block... :)

Unless there were Tempest cards that you didn't mention...

R

Reverend Love

Night Soil has been ripping apart graveyard reliant creature based decks in my playgroup lately.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I used it too recently - my group got a kick out of it since it was one of the few older cards that they recognized but hadn't seen for a while :)

T

train

Night Soil has been ripping apart graveyard reliant creature based decks in my playgroup lately.
Another prime example of Fallen Empires puttin' on the hurts...

"What's Orgg?..."
"6 Trample..."

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Reverend Love
Now, there's an enchantment that should be reprinted! With all of the graveyard recursion going on (Zombie/Cleric decks, Rukh Eggs, all those other annoying things) it would be a great way to control them - and gain a few blockers along the way...

-Ferret

"Of course, if you were playing the game durring FE you should have about 200 of them!"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Surprisingly enough, though I got a box of FE, I only have a handful of Night Soils... 4-5. And I didn't even trade any away... of course, I think it was 8 card boosters so that may have been it :)

T

train

What were we thinking when we bought boxes of Fallen Empires?...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It was the first box I ever bought and I had heard of all the stories about the previous expansions and wanted to get in while the getting was good... turned out I was too late :)

Ferret

Staff member
I had the oportunity to buy a box of FE for $20 once - didn't take advantage of it because I already had about 400 of them...later, I learned that 400 isn't that much...

-Ferret

"I loved getting two Thallids per pack (different artwork, of course)"