Help with IRC client

G

Griffith_se

I know almost nothing. I can find a game and thats about it. I don't know any of the acro's Like, "brb" whats that?

What does it mean when You see a line like "rathidrgn is now known as |0|rathi"? What about when Someone is kicked?

Anyone have some basics to share with Me. I fell pretty lost.

Does CPA have a place to hang out, so we can play each other? I'd rather play some of You, I kinda fell like I know You.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
BRB - be right back

"rathidrgn is now known as |0|rathi" - rathidrgn changed his nickname to |0|rathi

"What about when Someone is kicked?" - it gives you a little message saying "blah was kicked from #channel (reason)", IIRC.

The "CPA IRC channel" is on the NewNet network, and is currently at #type-random.

/join #type-random when you log on.

G

Griffith_se

No one is ever there (/join #type-random).
What I think would be nice is, that all CPA members that like to play on the net put CPA in front of thier nickname like "CPAGriff". That way when You look down the list all CPA'ers will be together.

But if more people would hang out at type-random, that would be even better.

R

rkoelsch

I am new to IRC also. I have to admit I was very fortunate in that all the people playing me were very patient. I think it is a good suggestion to put cpa in front of your nickname. I am so unoriginal I use my real name. I only try to play games I ignore most of the chat. Thanks Ed I appreciate the info too.

G

Griffith_se

Another Question. Say if I were to see rkoelsch on that list on the the right, how do I invite Him to play a game without everyone seeing My IP?

R

rkoelsch

By right clicking on the name it brings up a menu. One of the selections is send(I think I am at work without access to IRC). This opens a private message between you.

G

Griffith_se

Is it Query? Thats the only one I see that looks right. I don't know.
I'm using PircH maybe its different than Yours.

Oh, another Question.
What is Mini? I see people as for Draft,T2,T1. and Mini. Whats that?

[Edited by Griffith_se on September 14th, 2000 at 10:00 AM]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It might be short for Minimaster, where the winner gets all of the loser's cards and can build a new deck out of them for the next duel.