Hastily Constructed Bolas WCCL Deck [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The title is not flavorful because this has been a last-minute build. We'll see how it does. I had a different idea for the West Coast Commander League today, but it was bad and I gave up on it.

Commander:
1x Nicol Bolas, the Ravager

1x Aid the Fallen
1x Ancient Tomb
1x Angrath, Captain of Chaos
1x Arcane Denial
1x Ashiok, Dream Render
1x Badlands
1x Baleful Strix
1x Blasphemous Act
1x Blood Crypt
1x Bloodstained Mire
1x Brainstorm
1x Callous Dismissal
1x Chandra, Torch of Defiance
1x Command Tower
1x Contagion Clasp
1x Counterspell
1x Cyclonic Rift
1x Dack Fayden
1x Damnation
1x Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
1x Dark Petition
1x Dark Ritual
1x Decree of Pain
1x Deliver Unto Evil
1x Demonic Tutor
1x Dreadhorde Invasion
1x Drowned Catacomb
1x Enter the God-Eternals
1x Flux Channeler
1x Force of Will
1x Gleaming Overseer
1x God-Eternal Kefnet
1x Grixis Panorama
1x Hatred
1x Inexorable Tide
1x Inkmoth Nexus
6x Island
1x Jace, the Mind Sculptor
1x Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
1x Karn's Bastion
1x Karn, Scion of Urza
1x Liliana, Dreadhorde General
1x Liliana, Heretical Healer
1x Liliana, the Last Hope
1x Lim-Dul's Vault
1x Luxury Suite
1x Mana Crypt
1x Mana Drain
1x Mana Vault
1x Maze of Ith
1x Meekstone
1x Morphic Pool
4x Mountain
1x Narset, Parter of Veils
1x Nevinyrral's Disk
1x Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God
1x Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
1x Painful Truths
1x Polluted Delta
1x Ponder
1x Rhystic Study
1x Role Reversal
1x Scalding Tarn
1x Silent Arbiter
1x Sol Ring
1x Spark Double
1x Steam Vents
1x Sulfur Falls
6x Swamp
1x Talisman of Dominance
1x Talisman of Indulgence
1x Tezzeret the Schemer
1x Tezzeret the Seeker
1x The Abyss
1x The Chain Veil
1x The Elderspell
1x The Scarab God
1x The Scorpion God
1x Time Warp
1x Toxic Deluge
1x Underground Sea
1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1x Vampiric Tutor
1x Volcanic Island
1x Watery Grave
1x Widespread Brutality

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, that turned out nicely! Most points for the week again (twice in a row) and that easily secured me second place for the month of May!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So yeah, I didn't win a single game with this one and I only killed on opponent across all three games, but I nailed the other bonus achievement points. Got points for casting a god, for activating a planeswalker, for ultimating two planeswalkers, for activating three planeswalkers in two separate turns, and for having a zombie army with 10 power. As for the games themselves, two of them went to time and then ran out of turns, while in another I was ganged up on and that left an opening for someone else to combo off with Bolas's Citadel. It was pretty cool. I did get revenge on that player in the next game, killing him with combat damage from my zombie army.

I picked up 33 points from yesterday's games, the same number as the week before, easily securing second place for the month. Next month, though? It's going to be a tricky one. I'll post about that, I'm sure...

Props:
  • God-Eternal Kefnet for copying Time Warp.
  • Karn, Scion of Urza. Amazing card. 10/10, would play again.
  • The Abyss for utterly dominating the third game.
  • The Italian language, as printed on my aforementioned The Abyss. "Can I read that card?" You can try!
  • New guy named Danny for bringing a flavorful Bolas-themed deck (he had like 67 foil cards in his deck with the name "Bolas" somewhere one them).
  • Another new guy (named John, I think). He was playing an unmodified precon and was totally cool about the fact that I misunderstood this and focused on disrupting him because I thought he was going for some huge combo kill.
  • The poor guy in the first game who lost all of his stuff when I hit him with the ultimate of Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker.
  • Nicol Bolas, the Ravager for being a surprisingly good commander.
  • Enter the God-Eternals for possibly saving me and for giving me excellent Amass value.
  • Karn, Karn, Karn. All hail Karn.
  • Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker for being a powerful control card and for shutting down the Muldrotha player (whichever person it was).
Slops:
  • Nicol-Bolas, Dragon-God for never being successfully cast.
  • Chandra, Torch of Defiance for exiling Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God.
  • Liliana, Dreadhorde General for being put In Bolas's Clutches and then ultimating, blowing up all my stuff.
  • Danny for stealing my Liliana and blowing up all of my stuff. I still killed him, for the record. But this act probably saved the other players, and that's just not right.
  • Mike for going out of his way to make sure to stop me, even though it let Danny steal that game. I'm on his "list" and he has deemed me to be targeted even when it does not make strategic sense. I'm sure I have no idea how that happened. :oops:
  • Eric for beating me on points for the month, 108 to 96, despite skipping yesterday to work at the store.
  • That stupid "Stalling the Apocalypse" rule for deterring me from ultimating Liliana, Dreadhorde General. I'd have lost points for killing other people's basic lands. Danny didn't care about that and he took the hit to his points once he stole her. But the rule is dumb anyway and I should have been able to just use her ult myself, which would easily have won me the game.
  • Me for countering that innocuous Saheeli's Directive.
  • Doubling Season. Getting tired of seeing that alongside planeswalkers.
  • Me for casting my commander from the command zone when I had The Abyss on the table and no other creatures. :mad: