• Urza's Mine/Urza's Power Plant/Urza's Tower

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Urza's Miter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

BigBlue

I went with the Sylex... It's not as good as the City in a Bottle which stays in play, it's like a very limited Nevinyrral's Disk (which can take out some lands too)... It could maybe have been a sideboard card in it's day... Another weak factor is you can regenerate cards.

I still think the Urza's lands are weak... while they do produce "1" when not in their set, if you play with them, you aren't looking for "1". I'd much rather have Mishra's Factory.

Another card which I think is weak but wasn't nominated is Mishra's Workshop... The mana is only useful to play artifacts... and you have to take 3... a better alternative would have been "T:1; T:2; T:3 - and each of these abilities could only be used to play artifacts" or even allow it to be tapped for 1 to be used w/ artifact abilities...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
BigBlue said:
Another card which I think is weak but wasn't nominated is Mishra's Workshop... The mana is only useful to play artifacts... and you have to take 3... a better alternative would have been "T:1; T:2; T:3 - and each of these abilities could only be used to play artifacts" or even allow it to be tapped for 1 to be used w/ artifact abilities...
Okay, for a split second I thought you were being serious. :rolleyes:

I went with Coral Helm because I think it's worse than Rakalite and because Golgothian Sylex, situational as it is, can be, at minimum, a "destroy all Mishra's Workshops" card, which is, by itself, possibly better than Coral Helm. Of course, this line of reasoning presupposes that Workshop is good and people will use it, but *glares at BigBlue* that should be obvious enough.

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Wait... the others get paid to vote on this poll? At least I voted for Rakalite, I should get a bonus :D

B

BigBlue

In what was the closest Hall of Shame Vote so far.... Well, maybe not, but every nominee got at least one vote anyways.

Rakalite WINS!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I guess I can't feel bad about switching sides from Sylex to Helm. Even if all of us who had voted for one of those agreed to pick the same one, Rakalite would still have taken it. Apparently throwing out tons of mana to prevent a little damage is less appealing than discarding cards and paying mana to pump a creature.

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
I must admit that my preference for Rakalite is somewhat skewed by experience: I think Rakalite was the first card that made me realize that some cards are too bad to put in a deck. I think I might've had Coral helm in a deck. I figured creature pump isn't that bad.

Sylex might be bad, but I've never seen that card. I've seen too many Rakalites in my chronicles boosters. And I've never liked damage prevention to begin with, unless it's "protection from white".

B

BigBlue

My experience w/ Coral helm is that once in a while, it's worth it... especially if you have junk in your hand (like a late land)...

Certainly early on, if you have a great hand, discarding at random hurts... but, you don't have to activate it... It can break a stalemate if need be.

I think it would be decent in limited too... and since it's colorless it goes in any deck.