Greek Mythology Card Set

D

Dune Echo

TAG GUARD

Hey everyone, I saw someone's ideas for a Greek Mythology Set under CT's Casualties of War post and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a thematic set of Greek Mythology cards. Obviously, the cards will be mostly creature based, with some spells, I'm looking for thematic ideas, not set balance (cards must be balanced). Thanks!

D

Daenen

It was my idea. Go to page 2 of New Card Ideas, and you'll see them. I believe that Foundation of Rancor posted it for me.

Z

Zadok001

Excellent idea. Lots of Legends, obviously. But what would to be done about the plethora of Gods involved? Gods are pretty hard to kill off...

"Nuke 'em?"

D

Daenen

One word:
Priests

Priest of Zues, 1U
1/2, Creature - Cleric, common
UU, tap: Return target creature to owner's hand.

Priest of Hera, 1G
G, Tap: target creature gains Trample until end of turn

Priest of Appolo, 1R
1/2 Creature - Cleric, common
Tap, deals 2 damage to target creature or player and 2 damage to itself
1RR, Cleric of Apollo gains Protection from Red until end of turn.

Priest of Hades, 1B
BB, tap: Return target creature with converted mana cost 3 or less from your graveyard to your play.

Priest of ??? (can you name a Good god(dess) from the Greek Pantheon?), 1W
1WW, tap: Destroy target enchantment or artifact.

How's that?

T

theorgg

more like:

Priest of Zeus 1R
T, flip a coin: if flip is in your favor, deal 3 damage to any target, otherwise, flip another coin. If you win the second flip, priest of zeus takes 3 damage; if you loose, opponant may deal 3 damage to any target.
Zeus is a picky bugger, and he don't like being disturbed He also has a sence of humour and irony(like discworld's death)

Priest of Hera 1G
T, fip coin: if you win, target creature gets +3/+3 untill end of turn, otherwise, flip another coin. If you loose, a creature of the opponant's choice gets +3/+3 and you sacrifice <this>
Hera is the goddess of jelocy(sp?) and thwarts zues any time possible

Priestess of Athena 1U
T, flip coin: win-draw 3 cards, otherwise, opponant might draw three and you sacrifice <this>.
Yep, the goddess of wisdom. not broken, either, I don't think.

rite of Hades 1B
flip two coins. If you win both flips, bury two target creatures. If you win one flip, sac all creatures you control. If you win no flips, tap the creature of your opponant's choice and place up to two creatures from your gravyard into play.
I don't think he HAD any worshipers, and he's a grouchy son of a b*@#.

Priestess of Venus(pronounce Way-noose) 1W
T flip a coin: win-target player may not attack this turn.
she's kind and lovly. she wouldn't double cross anyone

Edict of Mars(same as total war except ALL CREATURES MUST ATTACK. WALLS INCLUDED, or there buried.(enchant world)

Vesta's pure
skip the attack phase(enchant world)

A

Apollo

heehee, Priest of me. I think it should be the most powerful. :D

Apollo