Glad I clicked that banner

S

Shadowfire

I just wanted to let everyone know I'm glad I clicked on the banner on MOTL. If nothing else its good to find some guys that like to play magic just to play magic.

And secondly. I am so glad that I've found a place that doesnt like to talk about the "P" game. God it can drive you insane hearing about it all the time.

Thanks for the site guys.

[Edited by Shadowfire (12-16-1999 at 09:27 AM).]

just my thoughts

T

theorgg

Myself, I like pokemon. the game is too simple, but pikachus taste good... :)

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.

I

Ihsans Shade

You mean POKEMON!(*Sound of rocks hitting vital organs*)

Yes for the most part we all hate the little rat known as Pickachu.

Has anyone noticed that when you type an asterisk(*) that it looks like the Blair Witch symbol?

I am...
Ihsan's Shade
Ihsan's Shade can be seen tying Pokemon to railroad tracks every afternoon.

D

Dune Echo

Did you guys read the tourney report from the guy on Brain Burst that used Pikachu's for Squirrel tokens with his Hermit Druid? He said that one of his opponent's walked past one of his friends saying, "I just got creamed by a bunch of Pikachu's." THAT would be the ultimate humiliation I think. Beating someone in Magic with Pikachu. How evil can you get? Of course, Pokemon make good token cards only because there is a variety of artwork and they're easy to get. Besides, where else can you find a card that you don't care if there's writing on that's not a land? I also use all those extra cards I get for other games in the magazines as token cards. Currently, Doomtown serves as Zombie tokens.

------------------
Dune Echo

... and no, the Waylay ruling and Thawing Glaciers ruling don't have a damn thing in common. A lot more people like me whined in favor of Waylay!

S

Shadowfire

Please no more about the Pokemon please. (ears turning red and starting to burn).

=) Well guys I'm currently writing an article about how I feel WOTC screwed up when they made Pokemon.

A

alikzam13

I like to you those P...Po.... ya know, those thing's you were talkin about. ya those i like to rip them up into as many pices as possible and then use them as conters and such... But you know if you like em'. e-mail me please so mybe i could voice my opinion to you.. LOL

C

ChasDen

Pokemon

A retailers point of view:

Hey all, I HATE POKEMON, BUT consider this: The game is boring, simple and nothing but a cheap imitation of the game we all love. Mostly targeted to young children who at some point will realize that the cards have NO value and will look for something else to play. If they enjoy playing the game the next logical step is Magic. They will have an understanding of the basic game mechanics and have a desire to buy and collect as well as play. As a retailer who refuses to carry the stupid game, we are loosing sales but know that this time next year we should have plenty of burned out pokemon players to buy up the magic cards. For the stores, restaurants, movie theaters, pet stores and every conceivable other business that has found a way to incorporate pokemon into their business they are reaping the rewards for only a short time. Be patient and when that little pokemon says, “hey that looks pretty cool, can I play?”, hand them an extra deck you have laying around, pat them on the back and say “Welcome to the world of Magic”.

Just my opinion :)

Life is to short enjoy !

Chuck Dennewitz
The Magic Obsession

D

Dune Echo

Hey Chuck!
Didn't know you were still alive. Good to hear from you again. Did you ever get my email on getting in some uncommons?

------------------
Dune Echo

... and no, the Waylay ruling and Thawing Glaciers ruling don't have a damn thing in common. A lot more people like me whined in favor of Waylay!

S

Shadowfire

How did this get turned into a topic about the P game. AAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH (guns shot in the back ground, followed by a loud thump).....

Rats see this game has me so messed up that I cant even shoot myself right. Aimed for the head, missed and it went right through one ear and out the other.

T

theorgg

<shakes head dismissivly, obviously confused and chuckling, a small grin on face>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-theorgg

A callow knight in armor,
Appropriatly brave,
Displayed his lack of wisdom
and charged into my cave.

He challanged me to battle,
In moments it was through.
He made a tasty morsel-
His horse was tasty, too.

-Jack Prelutsky,
"Ogrebrad"
published in Monday's Troll,1997 scholastic

D

Dune Echo

Hey Shadowfire, just remember, one day, all those little Pokebrats will be coming up to you to trade for your good cards because soon, they all will learn just how much better Magic is.

---------------
Dune Echo

Why is Magic better? It's more expensive, there's more rules, and the DCI removes all the cards that idiots paid $20 for from tournaments. God bless Magic!

S

Shadowfire

That is proabaly what will happen. But the game just drives me nuts. And the my wife goes and buys some for my nephews. Talk about wanting to shoot yourself.

Man I tryed to tell her no I'll teach the magic. And she says no they think its really dumb and *gasp* pokemon is cool. I wanted to cry.