Gitrog County on a Budget [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yes, another of my decks helmed by The Gitrog Monster. But there's a reason for this. My longstanding Gitrog deck, GCMLDA, had some cards poached from it in 2020 to use in other decks, and I never updated it while I was updating my other decks. I had plans to get around to that, but then Commander Legends came out and introduced Jeweled Lotus. I didn't open a copy of Jeweled Lotus, and the card is such a strong piece of acceleration that it would be folly not to run it if I could. I was collecting other cards and the price tag on Jeweled Lotus was a bit much, so the remnants of GCMLDA were left abandoned in their deck box. In fact, some of them still are.

A friend of mine has been talking about organizing players for $150 budget-restricted EDH gameplay. I'll build more of these budget decks, but here's my first attempt...

Commander:
1 The Gitrog Monster

1 Arbor Elf
1 Ash Barrens
1 Autumn's Veil
1 Bala Ged Recovery
1 Beast Within
1 Broken Bond
1 Cabal Pit
1 Cabal Ritual
1 Caustic Caterpillar
1 Crop Rotation
1 Crystal Vein
1 Culling Ritual
1 Culling the Weak
1 Cultivate
1 Dakmor Salvage
1 Dark Petition
1 Dark Ritual
1 Darkblast
1 Dread Return
1 Drownyard Temple
1 Ebony Charm
1 Elves of Deep Shadow
1 Elvish Mystic
1 Elvish Reclaimer
1 Emergence Zone
1 Expedition Map
1 Explore
1 Far Wanderings
1 Final Parting
15 Forest
1 Fyndhorn Elves
1 Gaea's Blessing
1 Golgari Grave-Troll
1 Golgari Thug
1 Harrow
1 Hickory Woodlot
1 Kodama's Reach
1 Krosan Reclamation
1 Llanowar Elves
1 Nature's Claim
1 Noose Constrictor
1 Noxious Revival
1 Nylea's Intervention
1 Oblivion Crown
1 Olivia's Dragoon
1 Peat Bog
1 Priest of Titania
1 Putrid Imp
1 Rain of Filth
1 Reclaim
1 Regrowth
1 Riftsweeper
1 Roiling Regrowth
1 Sacrifice
1 Shambling Shell
1 Skirge Familiar
1 Sol Ring
1 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Songs of the Damned
1 Springbloom Druid
1 Stinkweed Imp
15 Swamp
1 Sylvan Safekeeper
1 Sylvan Scrying
1 Underrealm Lich
1 Unmarked Grave
1 Wall of Roots
1 Wild Mongrel
1 Wishclaw Talisman
1 Witherbloom Command
1 Zuran Orb

Last night, I got one game in with this. More testing will be needed, but it worked perfectly in the only showing so far. First turn I deployed an Elvish Mystic. Second turn I cast Harrow, then Crop Rotation on a basic to grab Dakmor Salvage. Third turn, I cast The Gitrog Monster, and it ate a Swords to Plowshares. Another player cast Windfall, so I responded with Noxious Revival to put Harrow back on top of my library. Fourth turn I cast Harrow (sacrificing Dakmor Salvage), then cast Roiling Regrowth and Wild Mongrel. Fifth turn I recast my commander and initiated an infinite loop, winning the game.