Fantasy other sports?

Ferret

Staff member
I've been wondering if there is any interest in starting up fantasy leagues for sports other than (American) football? Sure, football has less games than the other sports, but I would love to get down with a fantasy hockey league, or maybe baseball (not basketball - hate that sport).

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I did hockey and basketball a couple of times years ago, but found it too hard to keep up on all the players so I stopped. Now I can barely keep up with the football guys and have been burned several times by name guys who've reached the end of their usefulness while I wasn't looking.

Now I know what half the GM's in the league go through... :cry:

Ferret

Staff member
Lol. I can understand that. Many of these "named" players are nothing more than eight figure pricetags with nothing more to offer. Personally, I believe that they should slash prices of all of their salaries and then lower the ticket sales so that "normal" people like me can attend. Of course, the owners would never lessen their products and the Player's Union would complain that their players aren't being paid enough for their "talent"...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I've been wondering if there is any interest in starting up fantasy leagues for sports other than (American) football? Sure, football has less games than the other sports, but I would love to get down with a fantasy hockey league, or maybe baseball (not basketball - hate that sport).
I play in a yearly draft NHL league. we are usually looking for players that are active all year. Shoot me an email if you are interested