Fact or Fiction in Type 1

S

superguy

Fact or Fiction in type 1 - should it be restricted? It seems to generate insane card advantage but a lot of people feel that its not strong enough in type 1 and shouldn't be restricted. What's your opinion?

H

Hetemti

I doubt it...it gives players who don't have mountains of money a chance to pretend it's possible to play T1 without Ancestrial Recall and the rest of the P9.

We're talking T1 here, c'mon. You don't need cards for 4 mana. In T1, you win with that 4 mana, or you lost next/first turn anyway.
Note to 14m00rz: Don't you DARE give me any sh¡† about being able to play T1 with a burn or fast black or $1.79 all-commons deck. If those were viable options, P9s wouldn't draw $60+ easy. Why? Sure, the'd be good, but of the aforementioned decks were viable, then people woudn't spend $600 for "might do better."

C

Chaos Turtle

No offense, but I don't care what they do with Type I.

Z

Zadok001

Finkel played it in his Type 1 deck at the most recent Invitational, actually - As well as Obliterate. One of each. I _know_ the Obliterate did cool stuff (one play in particular comes to mind that included a Yawgmoth's Will and a Black Lotus), not sure about the FoF. But my guess would be that the card would be quite powerful, allowing for a variety of tactics, not the least of which the said Will of Yawgmoth. The two combo very well. (Not unlike the OTHER Yawgmoth graveyard card and FoF in Type 2... :) )

D

Duel

Actually, finkel played Teferi's Response, not FoF. I don't think it should be restiricted. It's good, but not THAT good.

Z

Zadok001

_Actually_, he played all three. :) I forgot about the Response.

I don't think this is a restriction worthy card, simply because of the four mana requirements. Even for a great effect, that's a LOT of mana.

S

superguy

Weel first of all sorry for not voicing my own opinion in the first post, but I think that it should be restricted. Four mana is very easy to reach in type 1 and cards that you're going to reveal with it can turn out to be quite a nightmare for your opponent. Sometimes it can give you the cards you need to win the game and if it doesn't you can always go for the card advantage. But that's just my opinion.

D

Duel

It's very good, but not as good in t1 as the tutors. Nor as good as stroke. Or Yawgmoth's will. all in all, compared to some of the others, it's a tier 2 search card for T1. But a tier 1 searcher AND a card advantage card in T2.