Eye of Yagmoth!!!

Y

Your_Messiah

Recently I opened a nemesis box with my friend and each of the 36 packs had 12 rares and I got about 6 or 7 eye of yagmoths...I have been using them in a deck i threw together and I would sac my dkyshroud behemoths ....I mean it has great card selectivity(not sure if selectivity is a word...) but I deck myself awful quick...

Anyway I just wanted to see if any of you guys had good experiences with it or should I take it out...

R

Reverend Love

I'm not too sure on this one, I wasn't able to discover anything in the rules (I'm a pretty poor rules lawyer). However depending on how the cards hop around zones you might be able to activate card abilities from the graveyard before the Eyeball effect resovles such as Rector, Deep Conc, etc. Or would the entire effect of Eyeball resolve before anything could be done about it...basically respond to it or remove cards from the game..nothing mid resolution.

Maybe someone a little better with the rules could clarify this?

Buehler......Buehler...?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You're removing cards from the library, not the graveyard, but once the Eye starts resolving, it has to go all the way. You can't reveal the cards and try to do something else before removing them.

R

Reverend Love

Yea but I wonder if the "remove from game" functions similarly to tokens. Even though "poof they're gone" a buried token goes to the graveyard. Which means you could exploit this.

once the Eye starts resolving, it has to go all the way. You can't reveal the cards and try to do something else before removing them.
(whistling)....nevermind.

M

Mikeymike

I've been able to use fairly decently in the past. It used to be in an old U/R creature stealing deck I had running along side of Altar of Dimensia, Goblin Bombardment, and various forms of permanent and temporary creature stealing.

It was pretty good, far from broken. Would become slightly better along side Wishes I suppose.

N

NorrYtt

I suggest using Eye of Yawgmoth in a Saproling or Squirrel deck, since sac'g a 1/1 token makes the Eye closer to Jayemdae Tome. Though Fecundity is generally much better, it can backfire especially in multiplayer.

Rancor complements the Eye as well (especially with 1/1's), making it more of a Browse effect. You could try normal Browse complements like Soldevi Digger.

In my experience, I think Eye for 3 is about right, because less makes it a combat trick-only Jayemdae Tome, and Eye for 7 rips through my deck and I lose too many good cards. It has won me games though.

M

Mikeymike

The thing about the Eye is that Phyrexian Vault is a much cleaner (and cheaper) alternative.

I wonder how good it would be in 5-color?