Event Decks Dragon's Maze vs Magic 2014: Spidey (Rush of the Wild) vs Oversoul (Strength of Selesyna

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Man, I'm slipping lately. I completely forgot what's in my hand and what I was going to do this turn. I think that I had no responses for combat, but let me wait until I get home to make sure. :oops:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Lingering Souls, flashback Lingering Souls, done.

Spidey: 9
Hand: 3
Library: 48
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U,U) Mountain x2

Graveyard: Flame of the Firebrand, Skaarg Guildmage, Flame of the Firebrand, Burning-Tree Emissary
Exile:
================================================================================
Oversoul: 18
Hand: 1
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Forest
(T) Selesnya Guildgate (~ etb tapped. T: adds W or G to my mana pool.)
(T) Godless Shrine (Swamp Plains. ~ etb tapped unless I pay 2 life.)

(T) Doomed Traveler
(T) Centaur token (3/3)
(T) Centaur token (3/3)
(S) Spirit token (1/1; Flying)

Graveyard: Call of the Conclave, Wake the Reflections, Selesnya Charm, Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage
Exile: Lingering Souls

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh boy.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Kalonian Tusker
Pyrewild Shaman

Done
Spidey: 9
Hand: 2
Library: 47
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Mountain x2

(S) Kalonian Tusker (3/3)
(S) Pyrewild Shaman (3/1; Bloodrush-1R, Discard ~: Target attacking creature gets +3/+1 ueot.; Whenever one or more creature I control deal combat dmg to a player, if ~ is in my graveyard, I may pay 3. If I do, return ~ to my hand)

Graveyard: Flame of the Firebrand, Skaarg Guildmage, Flame of the Firebrand, Burning-Tree Emissary
Exile:
================================================================================
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Forest
(T) Selesnya Guildgate (~ etb tapped. T: adds W or G to my mana pool.)
(T) Godless Shrine (Swamp Plains. ~ etb tapped unless I pay 2 life.)

(T) Doomed Traveler
(T) Centaur token (3/3)
(T) Centaur token (3/3)

Graveyard: Call of the Conclave, Wake the Reflections, Selesnya Charm, Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Grove of the Guardian, done.

Spidey: 4
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Mountain x2

Graveyard: Flame of the Firebrand, Skaarg Guildmage, Flame of the Firebrand, Burning-Tree Emissary, Kalonian Tusker, Pyrewild Shaman
Exile:
Battlefield:

(U,U) Plains x2
(U) Forest
(U) Selesnya Guildgate (~ etb tapped. T: adds W or G to my mana pool.)
(U) Godless Shrine (Swamp Plains. ~ etb tapped unless I pay 2 life.)
(U) Grove of the Guardian (T: adds C to my mana pool. 3GW, T, tap two untapped creatures I control, sac ~: create an 8/8 green and white elemental creature token with vigilance.)

(T) Doomed Traveler (1/1; When ~ dies, create a 1/1 white spirit creature token with flying.)
(T) Spirit token (1/1; Flying)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ouch. Although I don't think you need it, seeing you have 4 damage dealers coming anyway next turn...

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Ghor-Clan Rampager

Done

Spidey: 4
Library: 46
Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Forest x3
(T,T) Mountain x2

(S) Ghor-Clan Rampager (4/4; Trample; Bloodrush-RG, Discard ~: Target attacking creature gets +4/+4 and gains trample ueot)

Graveyard: Flame of the Firebrand, Skaarg Guildmage, Flame of the Firebrand, Burning-Tree Emissary, Kalonian Tusker, Pyrewild Shaman
Exile:
Battlefield:

(U,U) Plains x2
(U) Forest
(U) Selesnya Guildgate (~ etb tapped. T: adds W or G to my mana pool.)
(U) Godless Shrine (Swamp Plains. ~ etb tapped unless I pay 2 life.)
(U) Grove of the Guardian (T: adds C to my mana pool. 3GW, T, tap two untapped creatures I control, sac ~: create an 8/8 green and white elemental creature token with vigilance.)

(T) Doomed Traveler (1/1; When ~ dies, create a 1/1 white spirit creature token with flying.)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I kinda feel like Rush of the Wild didn't perform well for either of us, but it might be that this is also a bad matchup for it. Felt like the deck based around "Bloodrush" should be all smashy-smashy, but it was forced to play defensively in both games. :/

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I mana-deprived because I had big creatures, and I wasn't drawing the little creatures/creature removal to take care of your guys while I waited for mana. Ah well.

Onto the next set!