Drunken libels, prophecy, and dreams

D

Duel

Okay. This is a little on how to play prophecy. I'd like advice and I think I can give some. First: when playing sealed deck, the 8ccers are gods. Don't touch them otherwise. they're kill methods. But their cost can be avoided (did I hear "dream halls"?). There will be decks based on this (trust me, I'm planing 12 or so myself). My biggest thrill came in seeing the creatures. They're good! they're friggin good! Move fast move early.

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Duel, a question about your sig.
Where did you get it?
My friend, said it was from Sailor Moon(Galaxia, it sounds like).
You don't watch Sailor Moon, do you?..... :D

Y

Y The Alien

Tag Guard

That would be the flavor text for the Mercadian Masques Counterspell. Neat pic too.

C

Captain Caveman

Duel,

What does one of your Dream Hall deck look like? This is
all I could come up with. Maybe you'd be willing to share
some of your ideas?

4 dream halls
4 opportunity
4 denying wind
4 vision charm
4 show and tell
8 counterspell(s)(4 that cycle)
4 impulse
4 propaganda
1 palinchron
1 feldons cane

4 cycle land
18 islands

It needs more card drawing but I can't think of anything but
stroke of genius
Thoughts?
Caveman

oh ya, I forgot the one way howling mine. It might work in
this deck.

[Edited by Captain Caveman on May 30th, 2000 at 09:48 PM]

D

Duel

hmm, not bad. I was origunally thinking multicolor, but that could work. I took drawing capabilities through Hieghtened awareness (when it comnes into play, discard your hand, an easy feat in dream halls deck, then draw a card during your upkeep from then on. I think that you missed what I consider Denying winds' greatest feat: replacing jester's cap. all fo a sudden, we have a way to take 20+ cards of OUR CHOICE from mr. Random mexican's deck. Let's see how he likes wife after thorn elementals. This is a decking deck, able of reducing your opponent's deck to a pile of goo and land, and only that. Grindstone is ideal, being cheap and spell-specific, to an extent. Take out his land, use a stone, and watch the mono-color deck kiss his ass goodbye.

4 dream halls
4 mystical tutor
4 denying wind
4 vision charm
4 show and tell
4 dismiss
4 relearn
4 counterspell
2 impulse
2 gindstone
3 heightened awareness
1 thran foundry
20 islands

A

Apollo

This could very easily become like TurboZvi...

Add in Mana Severance, Gaea's Blessings, and more big drawers (like Meditate, etc.) and you're there. Once you start cycling, hit them with a wind every once in a while.

Apollo

D

Duel

Okay, show and tell allows you to dump about 3 mana off the decklist. An important thing. revised version with one sweet adittion: Diminishing returns. Since dnying wind strips their cards from the game, they won't get them back, and you replenish you hand supply. it's 61 cards, yeah

4 Dream Halls
4 Show and Tell
4 Diminishing returns
4 Dismiss
2 Counterspell
4 Mystical tutors
4 Opportunity
4 Meditate
2 Heightened awareness
4 Impulse
2 Grindstone
1 Thran foundry