Doust got Screwed!!!!!

Z

Zadok001

Ok, all the more ancient CPA members remember that we originally had an agreement with Newwave to host us. David Doust (Newwave CEO, I believe) personally contacted us telling us he'd host us. Well, needless to say, he screwed us, and basically refused to contact us ever again. Looks like one bad deed deserves revenge.

WotC just cut Newwave off completely. They can no longer purchase product wholesale, or act as Tourney Organizers! I can't say I feel sorry for Doust, given what a jerk he's been...

Now, WotC's reasons are pretty skewed (Newwave is getting cut off 'cause they posted a Prophecy spoiler?), but Doust damn well deserved it!

"In the essence of immature glee: Nya-nya-nya!"

A

arhar

Well, from what I read about how NewWave hosted the tournaments, it seems that EVERYONE is complaining. So I guess the pros are happy with that too :)

One more for WOTC here!

PS: I wish my store would run pre-release... Then I wouldn't have to go to Neutral Ground NY, the WORST MAGIC STORE IN HISTORY

C

Chaos Turtle

I suspect there is more to the story than New Wave has shared with us so far.

It's true, though, I've only attended PreReleases (eight of them, Tempest on) and one PTQ (held on a PreRelease weekend, conveniently) and I have not ever been really happy with them. The judging overall is poor, unless you summon the Head Judge, who usually seems to know what he's talking about. Events rarely start on time. The venue is always different, and a couple of times has been genuinely horrible (a gutted drugstore, I think it was, great potential but hello, working toilets would have been great).

I sincerely hope that The War Room does a much better job. Considering the short notice, though, I'm not expecting much for this particular event.
I'll report back afterwards though.

T

theorgg

The war room was called by me to find out a few things-where were you at the Masques PR?-and I found out that the hotels were already reserved by Newwave.

from now on, the things will be held in the warzone's STORE, not a hotel or an abandoned drugstore in the complex of Nutral Ground.

remember the drugstore?
supposably, the warroom is about that big.
I havn't been able to go there since the announcement, but I might have to try it out sometime, just to see what kind of place it is.

I will see you SATURDAY, If I can secsessfully beg my mother to let me go...
:{ (

M

Mr_Pestilence

Goodbye, New Wave, and good riddance.

I have complained for years about NW, so for me this couldn't happen soon enough.

L

Lythand

First of all I have a question for Chaos Turtle. I am just curious where you play your pre release tourneys at. I play in Orlando Florida.
Anyway I have to comment I only been to Two of David Doust's tournaments and each one I was not happy about. And if it makes anyone happy to know my friend screwed Doust also. At the regionlas tournament he sold him the alternate art work Rhox from the box set for $40 . You know the one you can get for 12.95 in the gift pack, the one Doust can probable get even cheaper because he is a distributor. So retribution is sweet.heheheh.. Anyway I hope the new organizer is better than New Wave was.

L

Lythand

Thats cool. You probably already know, but R.K. Post is the guy who is doing the artwork for the prerelease and he will be there in atlanta for signing. I plan to send him my prerelease for signing.