Do any of you play runescape?

D

DarthFerret

Well, I am trying it out, but it is kinda hard with my limited time and all right now.

E

evan d

It is a free online MMORPG, with over 1000 hours of gameplay for non-members. Basicly say goodbye to your socail life and your school work.

H

Homestar

i used to be an addict!! if you want my friends account wich he gave to me wich i dont play n e more with about 80k in the bank and really really good, lots of good stuff and high levels,like level 22 i think, PM me

H

Homestar

once your 1000 hours runs out on an account, it gets deleted. and its sorta fantasy, like, you kill goblins and stuff, a lot like World of Warcraft, kill chickens and rabbits and stuff and do whatever quests you want

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Bleh.

Is there a reward for "high level" characters? Or is it open-ended and you just go higher and higher?

H

Homestar

well, ok spidey, here goes, rundown of the whoel game....

you make your guy, go to some tutorial island place that teaches you how to do everything, you get off that, your a level 1 guy with level 1 everything. and as you go kill stuff, cut down trees, make fires, cook fish that u caught over a fire u made all that stuff, your seperate levels go up, now i cant name all the levels cuz im lazy, but, in battle, if you use aggressive attacks, your strength, if u use controlled tabs, your attack level raises, if you use defensive stabs and stuff, your defense level goes up, the main levels are: firemaking level, tree cutting, attack, strength, defense, cooking, fishing, mining (for stuff to make new weapons). and when you get to certain levels for each of these, it enables you to use or do differant things, such as, if your attack level goes up to level 5, you can use steel weapons, when before that, you could only use bronze, blah blah blah, better weapons, same goes for the defense, steel armor over bronze once you get that to level 5, but anyway, tree cutting level enables you to cut down bigger trees and stuff. but then, if you die, all of your stuff except for the stuff u had equipped falls down right there and u spawn at the closest main castle place, and, your stuff gets stolen by some lucky passer-byer.but then, there is a quest list that u can go to to do differant quests for differant people, which i dont waste my time on. and there are shops, and a lot of people sit in the main castles selling and buying stuff from eahvc other since you can trade with each other.

i think i covered al the bases, but i duno, ask anymore questions you have.

o wait, other people cant attack other people unless you go way off the map into the wilderness, thats where high level characters beat each other up and steal their stuff. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting...

So is there a point that you know of where at a certain level, you're strong enough to just beat everything in the game and can only beat on other players to provide a challenge?

H

Homestar

yeah lol, once you get to about level 30 overall, if your attack levels are high, the goblins and stuff you find around are simple simple simple... then you go into the wilderness and stuff.

o and, i fergot to say about casting Magic... you nees rnes to cast every spell and for every spell you cast u get magic experiance to grow it levels which unlocks new spells and stuff, and on the page with the spells it will tell you how many and what kind of each rune u need to cast it, there are special rune shops and people sell them and you find them around everywhere.....

E

evan d

Wow...

Homestar can a have the account? I have a five year old friend who needs a good start into gaming(I have allready bought her a couple starter decks).

Also, there is no limit to game time, the 1000 hours was just how much stuff there is to do.

Also the max lvl is 99, over 100,000 people play at a time and, the strongest creature right now is around lvl 334, but don't worry, you won't ever have to face it. Runescape is a 3D java midevil like game.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh you said "1000 hours of gametime for non-members" so I assumed there was a pay option which opened up more of the game to you...

H

Homestar

well, thats not true anyway haha, give me a week with no social life, just school, and i could get to level 99 and all my stuff up easy.

E

evan d

ok...

Thats bs. Well at least the part about 1 week.

It kinda is an honor thing, who has the best char.

infinate free gameplay, errr...i mean unbounded loop amount of gameplay.