Discretionary Cycle (free spells...)

S

Sammy Dead-O

Just some thoughts:

Healer's Discretion
1WW
Instant

If you control a plains and have more life than controller of target artifact or enchantment, you may have him or her gain life so that your life totals are equal instead of paying ~this's~ mana cost. Destroy target artifact or enchantment.

Muse's Discretion
2UU
Instant

If you control an island and have more cards in hand than controller of target spell, you may have him or her draw cards so that your hand sizes are equal instead of paying ~this's~ mana cost. Counter target spell.

Soulburner's Discretion
3B
Instant

If you control a swamp and have more life than controller of target nonblack creature, you may pay life so that your life totals are equal instead of paying ~this's~ mana cost. Destroy target nonblack creature.

Pillager's Discretion
1RR
Instant

If you control a mountain and control more lands than target player or controller of target creature, you may sacrifice lands so that your land totals are equal instead of paying ~this's~ mana cost. Deal three damage to target creature or player.

Gamekeeper's Discretion
1G
Instant

If you control a forest and control more creatures than an opponent attacking you or that you are attacking, you may sacrifice creatures to that your creature totals are equal instead of paying ~this's~ mana cost. Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn.

Thoughts, advice, critiques?

F

FoundationOfRancor

I really like the equalize/free mechanic. Nice job.

I think Muse's Decision could cost 1UU.

I'm trying to think of a mechanic variation on Soulburner's Discretion to make it different from the white one. Maybe artifacts?

S

Sammy Dead-O

I went with 2UU on Muse's because I didn't want it to be too good without the pitch cost (counters annoy me more and more every time I play these days), but 1UU would probably be reasonable (isn't Forbid 1UU?).

And yeah, I struggled with that on the white and black ones. I thought about artifacts or enchantments for the white one. It would probably work, actually. I thought that perhaps with white and black's opposition, the gain life/lose life difference might be enough to sufficiently separate them. More thoughts?

I

Istanbul

Just have black go off of number of cards in your graveyard.

If your opponent has less cards in his or her graveyard than you do, you may have them remove cards in your graveyard from the game until you have the same number of cards in your graveyard as they do.