Diablo III

R

rokapoke

So... I just picked this up last night, and I think it's pretty great. Anybody else playing Diablo III?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I play Diablo II far more than is healthy. I played the beta for Diablo III and I'm not inclined to actually get the game. I probably have a long list of all the things I don't like about Diablo III, but I will spare everyone because no one cares. Mainly, it's this: I've inadvisedly spent more of the past month playing Diablo II than I've spent doing schoolwork, and almost none of that was just Diablo II: some of it was the Eastern Sun mod, some of it was me goofing off hosting games online with a drop mod (every monster that dies drops ridiculously rare equipment) while using other software to kick people from the game if they went hostile toward me, and the rest of it was done through the D2SE software so that I could play Diablo II with the PlugY mod. Nothing like those are options for Diablo III because the whole game is run through closed Battle.net.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
The boys and me are playing it...My 20 year-old was already working on Nightmare mode last week when he took a break and went to Florida for a vacation...:)

N

Nightstalkers

Story is interesting, the animations are neat, and the characters are rather intriguing... It's just that it really feels like it was a little rushed. The first week of server problems really left a sour taste in a lot of players mouths while Blizzard decided to try to censor everything that was wrong with the game. I don't think they have even acknowledged that their almighty authenticator is just another way to get money and placate the sheep into thinking they're safe. Other than that... It feels like Blizzard has tried to sweep a lot of this game under the rug. Remember when they kept making a big deal of players randomly getting killed by giant monsters in fantasic scenes? Or your character being able to heavily use the environment to kill his enemies? Later on in the game this seems more like a gimmick plugged into the tutorial act.