Deep Water deck

• Thread starter Thallid Ice Cream Man
  • Start date
T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Ye didn't really ask, yet ye shall receive... Someone up there must be having a field day.
Here is the Deep Water 5C deck alluded to in the Deep Water thread I made in Single Card Strategies about 20 minutes ago (which would explain why there hasn't been much clamor for a response...)

4 Plains
8 Island
4 Swamp
4 Mountain
4 Forest
3 Fellwar Stone
4 Deep Water
4 Mystical Tutor
4 Merchant Scroll
3 Counterspell
3 Mana Leak
3 Evasive Action
3 Ordered Migration
2 Allied Strategies
2 Global Ruin
2 New Frontiers
2 Lay of the Land
1 Collapsing Borders

The point of the deck is to use Deep Water to have both a domain deck and a counter deck at the same time. Of course it seems as though both will end up sucking, but I wanted to find a way to use Deep Water and so I did.

D

Darkstar

Make its mono blue, and add propagandas, angels trumpets and war taxes. Ive seen a deck use deep waters with those cards before. It wasnt very good though.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

There's basically no point in using Deep Water in an otherwise mono blue build.
I think you might be confusing it for Rising Waters (the neo-Winter Orb enchantment).

Deep Water
UU
Enchantment
U: Until end of turn, lands you control produce U when tapped for mana instead of their normal type or amount.
(DK-C)

If you aren't confusing it and you do mean Deep Water... well, then it must have been used as a gag card.

(Edit: Whoops, I originally said Dark Water here. Still, that's what Deep Water does.)