deck needs ideas or help.

• Thread starter immortal grave walker
  • Start date
I

immortal grave walker

This is a deck ive put together in which I might play in an upcoming tournament. Any ideas or help would be great to improve upon this deck.

4-dark ritual
4-stupor
4-duress
4-specters wail-?
2-ostracize-?
1-mind swords-?
1-persecute

3-masticore
2-ravnouss rats
2-skittering skirge
1-bone shredder-?
1-phyrexian negator
1-av of woe
2-rhystic tutor
1-vamp tutor
3-yawgmoths will
3-powder kegs
1-phyrexian processor

SB
2-perish
2-dread of night
2-ticking gnomes
4-rapid decay
2-negator
3-?

20 swamps

The ? is for Im not sure If that would be a good card Im sure theres other cards that may not be good in this deck and thats way Im posting it to get feed back and some ideas.

The immortal one.

Y

Y The Alien

Tag Guard

Got any Unmasks? They are probably the best black discard card out there. You can remove the Specter's Wail for them.

K

krichaiushii

If you can cut your deck to a small group of cards in multiples of 3 or 4, you could run 4 Mind Swords, and not worry too much about losing crucial cards to the Mind Swords. I say this because it strikes me that the disruption caused by forced removal from the game is far more effective than that caused by forced removal from your hand to the graveyard. At the very least, you will force the use of a counterspell.

In addition, you should make Persecute a sideboard card unless your metagame has LOTS of monocolor decks. 4 Ravenous Rats also work quite well, even if you only net a land with them. And what about Disrupting Scepter? I am not sure if it is even in type 2 anymore, but might be considered if it is.

My thoughts.

M

Mikeymike

4-dark ritual
4-stupor
4-duress
*4-specters wail--I personally am not too crazy about this card, I like K's idea about the Disrupting Sceptre which is Type 2
*2-ostracize--Unless Creature decks like Trinity or Big Black are big in your area, its probably not worth running in the deck, and if you do go all the way w/ 4
*1-mind swords--I've always felt this card wasn't worth its ACC, but if you can empty your hand quickly its great. However right now I don't think your deck is fast enough to risk it.
*1-persecute--One won't do anything for you. If mono-color is common in you area, run 3.

3-masticore
*2-ravnouss rats--run 1 or 2 more
2-skittering skirge
*1-bone shredder--Should be Snuff Out
*1-phyrexian negator--Chances are you'll never see this thing, and if you get it in the late game you probably won't want to cast it.
*1-av of woe--Leave it in, I think its worth a shot, if not then Thrashing Wumpus
2-rhystic tutor
*1-vamp tutor--Better than the Rhystic, if you have more run more
*3-yawgmoths will--If not 3 then 2
3-powder kegs
*1-phyrexian processor--Again, I wouldn't run 1, you can ritual it out on Turn 2, but you won't be able to activate it until at least Turn 4

20 swamps

SB
2-perish--3
2-dread of night--4 (Rebels suck)
2-ticking gnomes--0, Don't put these things in your sideboard
4-rapid decay
2-negator
2-Massacre

Other cards to consider
Unmask (key for your deck)
Ascendent Evincar
Vendetta
Rain of Tears
Thrashing Wumpus

Hope this helps

D

Duel

Reminds me vaguely of a deck by the Late Great Wakefield. I made a few changes, and tried to use the best card. I assumed the tourney was t2. In extended, the whole decklist can be changed.

4-dark ritual
2-brink of madness (Not sure about this)
4-unearth
4-duress
2-Unmask
2-ostracize
1-mind slash
1-persecute

3-masticore
2-ravnous rats
2-skittering skirge
2-bone shredder
1-phyrexian negator
2-Vendetta(snuff out, perhaps?)
2-rhystic tutor
1-vamp tutor
1-yawgmoths will (restricted)
3-powder kegs
2-eradicate (you won't regret it)

SB
2-perish
2-dread of night
1-masticore
1-eradicate
4-rapid decay
2-negator
2-massacre
2-kill switch

20 swamps

Y

Y The Alien

Tag Guard

Yawgmoth's Will is banned in Extended. There are no restricted cards in Extended. Dark Ritual is also banned. Therefore, we're gonna have to go cheap or ACC with the costs. Unmask= good. Persecute= a little narrow. Still useful. Replace the Shredders with Snuff Out. Take out Ostracize for some big boys like Phyrex Plaguelord or Thrashing Wumpus if you have them. Though I feel this deck as a whole is too slow for Extended. One of the few instances where a Type 2 deck is much better than it's 1.X counterpart, with the legality of aforementioned cards.

G

Griffith_se

I think You actually have to much hand destuction.

I would lower the count to around 11 or 12

4 Duress
3 Stupor
2 Unmask
3 Ravenous Rats

Removal, a few suggestions

Vendetta
Snuff out
Terror
Phyrexian Plaguelord
Creature's... use 4 Negator's(Don't be afraid). Most of your creature's are 3 Mana, so I suggest 'Unearth'

Skitering Skirge
Skittering Horror
Negator
Hidden horror
Bone Shredder

I think these are all 3 Mana?

Also, I would add 4 Peat bogs. it will increase your chance of dropping a Negator(or some other nasty) turn 2. You can also drop one turn 2 if you have Negator/Unearth in your opening draw.

Am I making any sense? I can't tell. I'm going to sleep now......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

I

immortal grave walker

Thanks for all the input. Sorry it took so long to get back, been busy. I have changed my deck a little. I havent been in a alot of tournaments so thats why I ask for the input. Im not really sure on the Negator i know its a good card but its draw back sucks. Is this cad that good in a tournament? green can cause it problems along with red, also another black deck i see it may be good against a blue deck. Also is to much discard bad if you can empty your oponants hand by turn 3. Then tutor for what i want. Like i said I dont play tourneys that much,this is my own oppionion. i have play tested it to green and won with out sideboard. won against blue, and another discard deck I think this deck will beat replenish after sideboard. Im not sure about red or black creature beatdown. I think it should do good against white.Also is unmasked good to loose 2 cards to thier one? Same thing with mindsword 3 cards to thier 2? more input welcome, fire away.