Deadapault

L

lilpinhead

What kind of deck would run a few of these puppies in it??? obviously a zombie deck of some kind but possibly one running some good goblin a dralnus crusade and some lord of the undeads obviously with a few zombinies in there for kicks! hehe...

G

Gerode

Would that work with Conspiracy? That would allow you to get some mass creature token generation (Saprolings) if you wanted to make a cheesy combo.

L

lilpinhead

a deck with zombies??? now THAT is a profound anser giz-man..i mean wow...im stunned.

C

Chaos Turtle

Look for the Dark Crusade Article in 'Decks' on the front page, and the thread in 'Casual Decks/Variats' Forum. You can find a number of decks there which use Deadapult.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Gerode: You'd have to get the red mana somewhere, and it would probably be easier to just use Goblin Bombardment. Otherwise, you might have to use Carnival of Souls and Soul Warden and Celestial Dawn to generate the mana, along with something like Verdeloth to generate the tokens.

The real question here is Goblin Bombardment vs. Deadapult.

IMHO, Deadapult is better in a deck designed to generate time advantage, whereas Bombardment is better for a deck that doesn't have mana to spare or is trying to set up some combo to sacrifice en masse. Both have their uses. However, due to its restrictions on what can be sacrificed, I think Goblin Bombardment is probably at least a little better.

G

Gizmo

That`s a valid point. You have to ask why you are using Deadapult not Bombardment. Really the only answer can be that you are interested in slowly dealing 2 damage, as opposed to a mass sac-2-kill spell, which the Bombardmetn is more useful in. I think Deadapult is probably simply inferior to Bombardment in 90% of operational uses. Probably rather than being built into a deck of it`s own it is simply a useful support spell for zombies.dec as it allows you to make good use of geezers who are going to bite it in combat anyway.

G

Gizmo

if you are interested in T-II legality issues, in which case Tombstone Stairwell isn`t really in consideration. Either way the end result is that you play a slower deck and add Deadapult in around the top.