Critique this T1 Deck

X

XDanish

Ok......here's my T1 White/Black deck. Please don't try to change my decktype, and I want to keep it T1...all suggestions would be appreciated....thanks.

4xScrubland
4xLotus Vale
6xPlain
6xSwamp
4xDark Ritual
4xThrashing Wumpus
4xPhyrexian Plaguelord
4xSengir Vampire
4xSerra Angel
4xSpirit Link
4xHypnotic Specter
1xBalance
2xVolrath the Fallen
4xHidden Horror
4xExhume
3xDisenchant

First off....I think I have too many creatures....I like the control creatures(Wumpus, Specter, Plaguelord)....Hidden Horror works well with Exhume, and the Volrath works well with exhume. And what can I say...Sengir's and Serra's are just 2 great creatures. Maybe I should lower the Hidden Horror's to 2?

Please help me out. Lemme know what cards to put in and what to take out. Thanks

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Where do I begin...

Add land. Remove fatties. Burn Lotus Vales.

There. That's a start. ;)

Seriously though, a 62 card deck with only 20 lands (+4 Dark Rits) is going to have mana problems. And in Type 1, mana problems usually mean defeat, unless you're very, very lucky.

I'd suggest dropping the Angels for Swamps, the Vales for 3 Swamps and a Sol Ring, a Volrath for a Demonic Tutor, Lose 2 Plaguelords altogether, add 4 STP's somehow...A few Wraths or Disks wouldn't hurt either.

Aargh. I don't know. I think you need to decide if you want to go with the Horror/Volrath/Plaguelord/Exhume combo or the Wumpus/Link thing. Especially if you want to go with the Sengirs. The Hippies, of course, belong in ANY Black deck, but that goes without saying...

Try this:

4 Hidden Horror
4 Phyrexian Plaguelord
4 Black Knight
4 Hypnotic Specter
2 Volrath the Fallen
4 Exhume
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Yawgmoth's Will
4 Dark Ritual
2 Nevinyrral's Disk
4 Swords to Plowshares
2 Disenchant

4 Scrublands
3 Salt Flats
4 Mishra's Factory
10 Swamp
2 Plains
1 Sol Ring

Or this:

4 White Knight
4 Soltari Monk
4 Spirit Link
4 STP
2 Disenchant
4 Flickering Ward
4 ROP: Black
4 Thrashing Wumpus
4 Crypt Rats
4 Dark Ritual

4 Scrubland
4 Spawning Pool
8 Plains
3 Swamp
1 Sol Ring

Neither deck will win any trophies, I think, but part of your theme is intact in both. The 2nd one is probably a bit weaker, but it does have some built-in protection from The Abyss, if you know anyone who plays with them. You can fit the Sengirs into the first one if you like, but curve-wise (and theme-wise) they don't really fit, except as pitchables, and you've already got plenty of those. I think the Knights would be better because you could (theoretically) get them out turn 2 even if you don't happen into a Dark Ritual off the draw.

I hope that helps! :D