CPA Set: Storyline Concept

Which storyline theme should we strive for right now?

• Norse Mythology

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All Against Blue

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Currently, the guys working on the set in the Homemade Cards forum have a few ideas for the storyline theme and we've been concieving/naming cards based on each theme.

Theme 1: Based on Norse mythology.

Theme 2: All Colors against Blue.

You can view the set's current state (to assist in your poll decision) by viewing the "Odd One Out" threads in the Homemade Cards forum.

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

DarthFerret

Not sure if us designers are supposed to vote here...but tough! I did...he he he.

D

DarthFerret

Well, it looks like the Norse Mythology won out. I guess we should now relook at all that we have and figure out which ones (if any) we should eliminate/revise.

L

Limited

Before we start cutting cards, has everybody read my rant on the subject?
(in the original Lets Design a Set thread)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Limited said:
Before we start cutting cards, has everybody read my rant on the subject?
(in the original Lets Design a Set thread)
Yes, and I basically agree. I really don't like either choice, but I REALLY don't like the all-against-blue (no offense, limited, jmo) so I voted for the Norse thing because, at this point, flavor is less important to me.
My original thought on how the whole process would work was something like this:
1) Design cards. Just keep designing and designing, coming up with as many ideas as possible.
2) Develop the set. After we had a sufficient number of card ideas (~500), we would look back at all the cards, cut the ones that we didn't like, do some playtesting, balance the set, etc.
3) Create a story. Based on how the design and development came out, we could look at certain themes and mechanics running through the set and try to explain them through world-building and a rough story-telling.
4) Put it all together. Actually, I hadn't even considered that we might make it this far, but considering that software that Gizmo showed us, it seems pretty likely that we could go ahead and template every single card in the set. I still don't know how the art would be handled, but we'd figure something out.

Anyway, that was just my original thought. Obviously, if everyone wants to take it in a different direction, that's cool with me. I just like throwing out design ideas and at this point, I'm just happy that so many other people are delving into this project so enthusiastically.

L

Limited

No offense taken. Just put it out there to get things started and got used to it, but I'm open to other suggestions. I just wanted something to focus my designing on a little bit.

Now I'll have to keep churning out random ideas until we reach 500 cards :)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I like that idea: just keep churning out cards and cards.

Let's re-examine the storyline topic later.

Ransac, cpa trash man