Who will win?

• Horrible-Nasty-Scary-Bot-Of-Death

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Overload

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
F

fuzzy510

This is the first round of the CPA's Robot War, where we pit fake robots against each other for fake reasons.

And now, the bots.

[Announcer Dude]: From Strongsville, Ohio: HORRIBLE-NASTY-SCARY-BOT-OF-DEATH
Apollo gives us his bot, a three pound potato-shaped thing with no weapons, powered my a Hot Wheels car motor.

[Announcer Dude]: From Silver Spring, Maryland: OVERLOAD
Fuzzy's entry is a titanium bot that can move around on its top or its bottom, and has nine-inch spikes that jut out, sending 3000 volts of electricity flowing through the other bot.

Here's how it works. PM me by 3:00 PM Monday with one of four choices:

Attack: This is basic. Go after the other bot with your weaponry. You will probably deal damage, but will also take considerable damage if your opponent is also attacking.

Retreat: You run away from the other bot. Of course, you won't take any damage from the other bot, but you have a much better chance of finding one of the many hazards.

Nothing: You do nothing at all. You take a lot of damage if your opponent attacks. If you don't respond, this is what you do.

Shove Toward Hazard: You chase the other bot, not to use your weapons, but to shove your opponent into a hazard.

If after three choices nobody has had the crap beaten out of them, whoever wins in the poll above will advance.

Without much ado, let the war....BEGIN!!!

F

fuzzy510

Apollo wanted to steal the house robot's spoon, and move the banana peel around. I wanted to attack. So......

HNSBOD pushes toward the house robot, trying to take its spoon. Unfortunately, with no weapons, this isn't possible. The House Robot taps HNSBOD repeatedly with the spoon. Things aren't going much better for Overload. Its first attempt to spear HNSBOD misses, and Overload goes bouncing off of the wall.

PM me your next move by 3:00 PM EST on Tuesday.

F

fuzzy510

Apollo wanted to do the same thing as before. I wanted to attack. So.......

HNSBOD makes another attempt, and this time spears the spoon. Unfortunately for him, the spoon is welded onto the House Robot, and it ain't coming off with the weak engines that HNSBOD has. Overload takes advantage of this fact, and makes a second attack run. This time it works, and HNSBOD is speared by both the House Robot and Overload.

PM me your final response by 3:00 PM EST on Wednesday.

F

fuzzy510

Apollo wanted to do a freaky attack. I wanted to attack. So.....

As Overload tries to fry HNSBOD, the bot melts, gumming up the top of Overload. The wheels and motor drive away, but turn Overload over. Unfortunately, it's too late for any more attacking. The battle ends in a draw.

That means, that by a 4-3 margin, the winner is HORRIBLE-NASTY-SCARY-BOT-OF-DEATH!!!!!!

That leaves the pairings as so:

BLADESCYTHE VS. Spherminator
FRENZAC VS. Penguin Shredder O'Matic
HORRIBLE-NASTY-SCARY-BOT-OF-DEATH VS. Overload
Hungry Hungry Hippo VS. Mystery Bot of DOOM!!!

The final battle of Round One is Hungry Hungry Hippo and Mystery Bot of DOOM!!!

A

Apollo

Oh my god! My potato bot won!

...Thanks to all the voters!